Chapter thirteen: Who is this guy?

SARAH'S POV

~The things that are hidden always gets found out eventually~

"Where is it?" I search through my room looking for the one thing I woke up twenty minutes ago for, My phone.

I opened my school bag and threw all it's contents on the bed, rummaging through the papers and books that are scattered, but its not there.

"Mom!" I called her, hoping she would help me find it. I hear footsteps coming closer until I saw my mother standing in the threshold of my room door.

"That's an interesting way to greet your mother on a Saturday morning." She sneered at me.

"I need to ask you something important." I said in all seriousness.

"Yes, sweetheart?" my mother asked sweetly smiling at me.

"Have you seen my phone?" I asked her still looking through the papers on my bed and she laughs.

"What colour is it?" she questioned me sobering up before coming to sit beside me on the bed.

"It's zebra print and has a small red heart in the middle." I answered her

"Yes, I remember I saw it on the counter downstairs." she said snapping her fingers in recognition.

I sighed and proceeded to leave my room but my mom's voice stops me.

"Sarah, When are you going to paint this room?" she asked me surveying the the blank, White walls.

"I'm not sure, I didn't have enough time to think about it. " I admitted.

"Well, you need to paint it soon. It's too plain." She said and I agreed with her.

Before my mother was a CEO at Big Buck's industry ( Haylie's parents company), she was an interior designer. I remember one time she carried me to work when I was younger and she told me that I had to be creative to be an interior designer, back then I thought hand paintings were the new and improved work of art. Let's just say the people who owned the house weren't too happy with my sense of 'creativity'.

My mother waved her hand in front of my face to get my attention and I'm jerked back to reality, shaking my head vigorously so that I would stop staring into space. My mother's shoulders shook with laughter as she strolled out of my room amused.

I follow suit after her but took a detour down the stairs to the kitchen.

"No dude, it's cool you can make up for it some other time." I heard Caleb's voice bumming from the kitchen.

"Hey Caleb, You seen my-" Caleb puts his finger on my lips, shushing me from talking.

"But I need-" That only caused him to walk out the room. I glanced up at the phone he was using to see MY zebra print phone in his hand.

"Give me back my phone!" I exclaimed trying to snatch my phone from my brother but he just moves away from me.

"Hold on Jacob, The twerp is being rude." he said into the speaker and glared at me.

"What do you need?" Caleb asked me.

"I need my phone." I stated putting my hands on my hips.

"I don't know where it is." he said scowling at me.

"It's in your hand!" I shout and he just stared at me.

"It's over there on the table." He said and I looked to were he's pointing.

"No it's not, you have-" and before I could finish speaking he rushed up the stairs.