Chapter 31

I walked over to their bodies slowly. I fell to my knees halfway and that's when the tears started to fall. I crawled the rest of the way. I broke my promise to get them out of here.

I stared at their dead bodies. The faraway look in their dead eyes broke my heart. I shut their eyes. It made them look as if they were only sleeping.

Just sleeping.

Johnny came up behind me and put a hesitant hand on my shoulder. He was sorry for me. He was sorry because he knew there was nothing he could do to bring them back.

And it was all my fault they would never see Earth or meet someone who made them feel special.

I couldn't bring myself to look away from their bodies, all in a line. Like they were ready for battle but were shot down before they could break formation and fight.

Why couldn't I look away?

Maybe because I blamed myself. I mean, they wouldn't have been in this mess if I only just accepted the fact that we were made to be experiments. If I hadn't asked Ryan to help...

Or maybe it was because Forman ran away after he killed them. After he murdered them. And all I wanted was revenge. But that didn't matter. None of it mattered.

Forman wanted mutant soldiers and me as their general. They were just prototypes in his mind. But not me. That was why I was still standing. Still breathing.

I didn't need the pitiful looks that Johnny, Ryan, Simon, Harriet, and Ty were giving me. I wasn't going to stand down and let Forman get away with what he did.

He wanted soldiers.

Then I am his army.

/:/ Aaannnd sceeeeennnneee! End of book one. The next book is going to be called the Prototype. But anywho, I would like to thank all you guys for reading the whole thing, because I know it's not the best book ever. This is my first book and I'm very proud of how it turned out. Thank you all for your support and suggestions. They were very helpful. If you liked my writing in this and/or want to read the second book or you would like to read any other books I make in the future, give me a follow! If you have any suggestions for the next book (or any other book) on things that I could improve or I should keep doing, let me know. Anyway, thanks again for sticking around and I'll maybe see you in the next book.
Completed:August 2016