Chapter 3

It was two days before I heard back from Ryan Waters. And he didn't talk to me by his mind. He did it face to face.

"Hey, A-36971," he said bursting through my door, a weird, black, sleek object in hand. "I'm here to help. Come on."

I got up quickly and followed him out the door. But I stopped short. The guards that were outside my door were on the ground, bleeding profoundly. I stared at them before Ryan Waters grabbed my wrist and pulled me after him. I didn't know what was going on, but the vibrations were out of control.

There were so many of them. People running, hearts beating, blood pumping, and huge shakes were everywhere.

'Where are we going?' I asked, frightened.

"Out." Ryan Waters said out loud.

We ran for what felt like ten minutes before we came to two giant doors. I had never seen doors like that before. I had never saw those doors before. I didn't even know where they led.

The doors opened and I had to close my eyes because it was so bright. I opened my eyes a little, then all the way, surprised and confused at what I saw.

Was this a part of the Compound, locked off so no one but the scientists could get to? It was... beautiful.

The ceiling was blue with white puffy things on it. The walls and ground were green and full of weird brown things with green on top. Whistle like sounds were heard and the sound of running water was hypnotizing. A light swish of air of some sort came through and moved the brown and green things. I stepped into the room slowly, afraid it would disappear back to the dull white Compound.

It never did.

I smiled and looked back at Ryan Waters, who was watching me with a proud smile.

'This room is beautiful.' I told him.

"Room?" He asked. "This is not a room. This is the outside."

'Out-side?'

"Yeah. We're no longer in the Compound. You're free."

My heart sped up and a smile took over my face. I was free. The joy of finally being free took over and I laughed. I laughed and ran and soaked it all in.

Until I realized me and Ryan Waters were the only people out.

'Where is everyone else?' I asked.

"They're coming. Just give it a minute or two."

In about a minute, Harriet Conway came out with B-87952. Ty Tanner came out with Z-087962 and H-90263. Simon Norris came out with P-89034. Johnny Lawrence came out with C-01679. He was also carrying a crate full of folders.

But no one else came out. Only six people made it out? No, not possible. They had to be going back in, but they never did.

"Alright, that's all we could get," Johnny Lawrence said. Every one of the children's faces went blank. They didn't believe it either.
"We need to get out of here. Before Forman finds out where we took these kids." Harriet Conway said. Everyone nodded and Ryan Waters started walking towards the brown and green objects.

Once inside the group of brown and green objects, Ryan Waters took out a device I could only assume was a tracking device. No one spoke except Ryan Waters and Ty Tanner. They were talking about how they were going to explain us to the Commander, whoever that was. I tuned them out and looked at my surroundings that was outside. I was still curious as to what the tall, brown, and green objects were.

'What are these brown and green things?' I asked Ryan Waters when he was down talking to Ty Tanner.

"You mean trees?" He asked, pointing to the 'trees.'

'Yes, if that's what they are called.'

"Yeah, they're called trees."

'Why are they in such big clusters?'

"It's called a forest."

'Oh.'

Then it was quite.

After about thirty minutes, we came to a clearing and Ryan Waters pulled out another weird device he spoke in to. Then weird lights started to circle me and everyone else. I started to freak our, not knowing what was going on.
Simon Norris saw my distress and said, "It's okay. You're safe now."

Then he smiled at me. For some odd reason, that calmed me down quickly and before I knew it, I was in a strange room full of lights and circle on the ground.

"Everyone," Ryan Waters said, stepping in front of us. " Welcome to the Galaxy. I'm you're captain, Ryan Waters, and you're safe now."