Chapter 8

In the morning, we had breakfast brought to us and Johnny had to ask us some questions.

"Do you know of Dr. Forman put any tracking devices in you?" He asked. We all shook our heads.

"He might've done it when we were younger." Emilee suggested.

"Yeah." Mason agreed.

Johnny kept asking questions, but I tuned him out. I realized Johnny knew so much about me and everyone else, but we didn't know much about him. His eyes were a gray-blue and his hair was jet black. It was short on the sides, but longer on the top. He was from a place called Florida. He grew liking space and anything medical.

"What do you think Reagan?" Johnny asked me.

"Huh?" I asked before I could stop myself.

"Do you think Dr. Forman would have put a tracking device in the back of your neck?" Johnny asked.

"Maybe. It seems logical. We wouldn't be able to see it there."

"Do you mind if I check?"

"It won't hurt, will it?" Asked Claire.

"No, I'm just going to find a bump," informed Johnny.

I nodded and moved my hair out of the way. Johnny walked behind me and looked at the back of my neck. He ran a finger over the middle of my neck. He checked everyone else too.

"Yeah, there's a bump here. I figure it is a tracking device in you."

"Can you get it out?" Asked Mason.

"I should be able to," said Johnny. "But it might hurt." Johnny noticed the fear on our faces and quickly added, "But I'll be as gentle as I can. I promise."

We exchanged nervous glances, unsure if we should do it. "Okay. Take it out of me." I said.

"Me too!" Chimed Nathanael.

Me three!" Chirped Emilee.

Soon everyone agreed and Johnny went to go get supplies. I sat down on my bed. I was shaking. I was scared. I mean, who wouldn't be?

But when did Dr. Forman put the tracking device in?

Johnny came back with Nurse Amy and a bunch of medical supplies. Nurse Amy shooed the rest of the children away and Johnny told me to lay down on my stomach. Johnny wiped my neck with a disinfectant and my heart sped up. This reminded me too much of the Compound.

"You're okay Reagan," comforted Nurse Amy as she put weird wires on my arm. The wires led to a machine, which soon stared to beep to the beat of my heart.

"I'm going to sedate you so you won't feel anything, okay?" Johnny asked me. I nodded, too afraid to speak.

Johnny stuck a syringe in my neck and emptied it. The last thing I heard was my heartbeat speeding up.

Then I was asleep.

By the time I woke up, everyone was done with their operations. There was a terrible pain in the back of my neck.

I was about to rub my neck when Johnny said, "Don't touch your neck. You'll tear the stitches." He then came up and checked my vitals. He also checked my stitches. He then held out his hand and I saw a little silver circular object. "This is what was in you."

"What are you going to do with it?" I asked.

"Destroy it, so Dr. Forman can't follow us anymore."

He then got up to check on the others. I laid back down and closed my eyes.

They didn't open for a while.