Chapter 24

After another full day of no food or water or anyone paying us no mind, they finally brought a little bit of food and water.

Emphasis on 'little.'

They brought us two slices of bread each and a couple sips of water. A guard stayed with us and after we finished, he grabbed me and unlocked the chains around my ankles and wrist. I struggled against the guard's grip, but I soon remembered Dr. Forman's orders and stopped fighting. The guard brought me to the biggest tent and shoved me inside.

He let go and stood outside the flap. I looked around the tent and gasped.

There were computers along the side of the tent. There was a cart full of different filled syringes and empty ones. And right in the middle of the whole tent was a bed, exactly like the ones at the Compound. In fact, the whole tent looked exactly like an examination room at the Compound.

I didn't move from my spot. Even when Dr. Forman and some of his men came in.

"Ah, Reagan. Or what you should be called, A-36971." Dr. Forman said coldly. "Sit." He gestured toward the bed.

I shook my head. "No."

"I liked it better when you didn't talk and you obeyed." He sighed. "Oh well, guess we'll have to do this the hard way."

Two of Dr. Forman's men came up behind me and tried to grab me, but I dodged out of the way. Having cat like reflexes and feeling vibrations came in handy when I was with Dr. Forman and his helpers. More of his men ran at me and tried to grab me, but I dodged out of the way before they could get their hands on me.

The whole ordeal when on for about two minutes when Dr. Forman ordered his men to stop. He help up a device with a screen that hand four green dots on it and a red button below it. "Keep fighting and the poor souls out there die," he sneered.

I stopped. I wouldn't be the reason why my friends died. Dr. Forman pointed to the bed and I slumped over to it. I sat down and Jake, whom I had noticed only then, came us to me and tied to put cuffs on me. But when he grabbed my left wrist, I twisted it slightly and broke his nose. Blood gushed from it almost immediately. Jake's hand flew to his nose and he stumbled back. Other helpers ran over to me, but Dr. Forman stopped them. He was astonished that I broke Jake's nose.

"How did you do that?" He asked dumbfounded. I shrugged my shoulders. "My serum only made it possible for you to move objects, not break someone's bones."

"She's done it before," Jake said, his voice a little off. "She broke my leg."

Dr. Forman looked back at me. His mind came to a conclusion in almost a second. My powers were getting stronger. He was about to ask if any other power seemed to be getting stronger when I cut him off.

"Yes. I can feel organisms move in objects. And a couple of minutes ago, it was like I knew where everyone was going or going to do before they did."

Dr. Forman turned around and spoke to himself. "Extraordinary."

"I can also communicate over long distances through minds." I added.

Dr. Forman didn't say anything, but grabbed a syringe. He was planing to sedate me, but I flung the syringe out of his hand. Well, I tried to. He held onto it tightly and all of Dr. Forman's men rushed at me. I tried to hold them back but they were too strong and there was too many of them.

"Sleep tight," Dr. Forman said before he stuck the syringe in my neck and I blacked out.