Dreams Of Michael

My dreams were weird that night. They all consisted of Michael and they were all here, at the school…

Michael stood alone in the Hall. The moonlight streamed through the hole in the ceiling. The chains still dangled from where they were bolted into the plaster of the ceiling. The pool of blood was cleaned up so most of Georgiana’s scent was vented from the room. But he’d never smelled anything like it before. He was sure, in the future, he would be able to pick it out blind folded. It was like curling up by a fire on a cold evening. He slowly approached the manacles. The cleaning crew was thorough, but they hadn’t done a particularly good job on the manacles. She must’ve cut her wrists a little when her legs had buckled. There was just a faint trace of it. He wiped his finger across the thin layer of blood. His finger came back covered lightly. He couldn’t help but want to taste it. He was a Vampire and it was blood. It was natural, or at least that was how he was trying to convince himself.

In the end his curiosity got the better of him. He placed his finger in his mouth and the flavor exploded. He’d never tasted anything like it. It was like chocolate ice cream on a hot summer’s day. It tasted like love.

After the door closed, Luke whirled on Michael. “What are you doing here?”

“I was sent here and you know that, old friend.” Michael seemed to sprout a few inches while he said this. Luke wasn’t surprised, he thought he looked short.

“I’m not your friend.”

“You are right,” Michael said while taking a step forward. “The Lukas I knew wouldn’t be here guarding annoying brats. He would be out raging havoc on the unsuspecting public.”

Luke’s eyes flashed. “You should be careful boy. All I have to do is tell Sybil Vertigo who you really are and you will be thrown into a cell for the rest of your immortal life. What was the Coven thinking of sending you of all people into a school of…young breeds?”

“The Coven is curious about the young Slayer. There are many tales surrounding her and they want to assess the situation.”

“If that was true then they would have just sent an actual fledgling, not an actual full blown Vampire pretending to be young. There is something else, isn’t there?” Understanding came to Luke’s eyes. “This is about your prophecy. You want to know if it’s her.” Luke laughed. “You know that’s dangerous. Especially when she is the end of her line, you would be smart just to leave this alone. Go back to the Coven and tell them the girl isn’t dangerous. Tell them that there is nothing here for them.”

Michael studied the ageless man in front of him. Then he cracked a smile.

“You care for her don’t you? I can’t believe it! There is someone else in this world that Lukas Weatherfall cares about besides himself. What is it about this girl? Everyone flocks to her like she is Aphrodite reincarnate.”

“You would do well to hold your tongue. Finish your business here and then leave.”

Luke turned on his heel and left Michael alone in the hall.

“Oh no, my friend, I think I will stay for a while.”

“What were you thinking?” Luke demanded.

They were alone in the sparring room. Luke was pacing back and forth, while Michael stood statue still. He was trying with everything he had, not to tear Luke limb from limb.