Kidnapping Attempt

After sparring class was over, I headed to the Herbology classroom. I was completely drained by then and not looking forward to sitting in the same room as Mr. Creepy. When I walked in, a paper was set out on the teacher’s desk with a quick note scribbled:

Georgiana, go ahead and get started, someone should be along in a few moments. Remember: No cheating. Good luck! –Mr. L.

I walked over to my desk and found the test waiting. I sat down and got started. I was almost done when a Mr. Creepy walked in.

“Sorry, I’m late, I had a student—oh, it’s you.”

He stopped short. I was surprised Mr. Lighthollow hadn’t told Mr. Creepy who exactly he was going to be babysitting. I heard Mr. Lighthollow’s chair squeak and I resisted the urge to look up.

I filled in the last blank and got up. Finally I looked at him and he was settled, grading papers. The picture of normalcy. I walked up to him and he looked up.

“I’m done, Mr…?”

“Jason, is fine. Everyone calls me Jason. And of course I’ve heard all about you.” He smiled.

“How?” I asked.

“Michael was staying with me for a few weeks until his rooms were ready and his stuff got here.”

“Why does he get an apartment with the adults instead of staying in the dorms?”

“His needs are different than the average…apprentice.”

I was taken back by that statement. How was Michael different? Yeah his appetite was weird, but I just chalked it up to how he was raised. He appeared to be a normal young Vampire…

When I didn’t say anything he continued. “Well, I’ll leave this in Mr. Lighthollow’s box. You can go.”

He seemed to dismiss me easily. I headed out the door ignoring the rustling behind me.

I walked across the grounds as quickly as possible, it was getting dark. But I couldn’t shake what he’d said. I was halfway there when I noticed the foot steps behind me.

I walked quicker, my fear growing. A hand clasped around my face with a cloth. I breathed in a sweet smell and tried to struggle.

“Shh, don’t fight it. Come easily and you won’t be hurt.”

I elbowed the man in the stomach and I heard him suck in his breath but his hold on me didn’t waver. So I head butted him. I heard his skull crack and he let do of me. I dropped to the ground and tried to scramble away, but he grabbed my hair and pulled. It hurt like a bitch and I tried not to cry out. I had to get him to release his hold. I donkey kicked him and he went flying. I attempted to get up but the ground seemed to wobble and twist under me. I dropped like a sack of potatoes.

Get up Gee. I told myself.

I tried to get up again but with the same result. Before I could try getting again, I felt a knife at my throat.

“That really hurt. They didn’t tell me you would put up such a fight.”

I felt at my waist for my small dagger. I gripped it and plunged it backward. The man toppled backward with a cry. The knife he held at my throat scratched me before he fell.

“Bitch!” he yelled at me.

I looked at him, attempting to get a good look but my vision was becoming fuzzy. He towered over me and I scrambled back, my hands slipping and sliding on the wet grass. I heard something whistle past my head and watched as a knife sliced into his chest. Blood bubbled up to his lips, his eyes closed and he toppled backwards. I gaped at the man who was lying on the grass in front of me, my head feeling all swimmy. I looked behind me, hearing fast approaching footsteps. It was Michael, that fact making my head spin more than it already was. He jogged over to me, still clad in his fighting gear.