"So, you are Brandon." She said.

"That is me ma'am. What you making?" I asked.

"A cake. My baby's favorite cake. Now I got a question for you, why are you popping up at her house?" She asked

"I wanted to take her out to dinner and she wasn't answering her cell so I came over" I explained leaving out the part where I had just called when I came.

"Mm." She said nodding. "You know her favorite cake?"

"Um, no ma'am." I shook my head.

"Didn't think so." She continued pouring the cake batter into a cake pan.

I scratched my head, not sure what to say.

"Ma'am?" I asked.

"Hmm? What can you do to help? You can go on and wash that bowl out and then start on that cream cheese frosting."

I turned on the water, about to wash out the bowl when Imani came in and snatched the bowl out of my hand.

"what you doing?" She asked.

"Your mom asked me to wash the bowl out." I said looking at her crazy.

I noticed she changed out of her little shorts and into sweats. She also put on a bra. She ain't slick.

"I like to lick the bowl." She rolled her eyes."

"Well excuse me." I smirked.

"You're excused." She mumbled and sat on top of the counter top taking her finger and swiping it around the bowl a few times.

"The frosting." Her mother said noticing my face and I nodded.

"How do I make it?" I asked her.

"Take the butter I have sat out and the cream cheese I have sat out. Use that hand mixer. Let me know when you think you mixed it enough." Her mother said.

I nodded and put the stuff in the bowl. I grabbed the wooden spoon and dished the butter and cream cheese into it.

"Done." I said once I was done wisking it.

Imani got off of the counter top and washed the bowl and her hands before coming by me.

She grabbed a bowl. "This is powdered sugar." She said and turned the hand mixer on low. "I'll pour you mix." She said and we began. She slowly put the sugar in and then after vanilla extract.

I never did this type of stuff before. And usually, I wouldn't try so hard but for some reason I find myself not minding.

"You made it." Imani smiled and rinsed off the wooden spoon grabbing two metal spoons from the drain. She dipped both into the frosting giving me one, and her mom one.

I tasted the frosting and nodded.

"Really good Brandon. Y'all go ahead and bag it and put it in the fridge." Her mother directed and I did just that.

Imani's POV

"This was fun. You two enjoy your night hear?" My mother said.

"Alright mommy. I love you." I said and my mother left out of my apartment building.

Brandon stood behind me, watching as my mom drove off with me and we went back up stairs.

"This was fun." He said grabbing my hand

I nodded. "It was, although you weren't supposed to be here." I said.