Fifteen

Y'all, I'm sorry. This week has been rough. Really, Really rough and I'm just trying to get through it. I'll try my best to update though. This is a small excerpt to keep y'all cool for a lil second.

Imani's POV

I sat on my bed my mind boggled because of all the stuff my sister was telling me.

"Whats his name again?" I asked her.

"King'Brandon Knight." She said. "This man is bad." She shook her head.

I can't lie, I'm a little upset

"Oh my God." I mumbled in complete shock of what my sister explained to me.

"Listen, don't freak out." She said.

"How! How can I not freak out? I had him around your son. I had him around- he knows where our parents live!" I said.

"He doesn't know what we do." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"How could he not?" I asked her.

"Because, we're that good." she shrugged. "You can still see him and it not have negative effects on us." She shrugged.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked her.

"This could be good for you Imani. All I want is for you to be happy." She explained.

"All you want is for me to look like some whore." I said.

"It's not like that, listen. If that man makes you happy, let him." She shrugged.

"I don't want to deal with someone so dishonest." I said to her and she laughed.

"You haven't been all Lincoln-like yourself."
"He never asked what I did. He assumed I only go to school." I explained.

"Right, so that makes it way better." She nodded sarcastically.

I sighed. "Look, all I'm saying is I don't want to date him, he's full of himself and egotistical. On top of that this. Obviously, this is his life style and this isn't mine. After I graduate I want to find a job and live a normal life." I explained.

"Girls!" My mom yelled callung us to come back downstairs.

My aunt smirked seeing me while cutting up her food. "Well, I can see why you hide him. He's a hunk." She said.

"He and I are not together." I said

"Oh I see." She nodded and chewed on the beef rib she ate.

"And what exactly do you see?" My mother asked noticing the smug look on her face.

"Well, Ivory." She said looking my mother in her eyes. "They are just hooking up obviously. She gives him the goods," she said being as though Jaylen was at the table. "and in turn she gets a little attention. All the kids are doing it now and it's perfectly-"

"Lady please." I said as calmly as I could. "Him and I aren't together, we don't mess around and I don't need you to express your concerns or what you think I should do. This is about my father being out of the hospital and all you seem to care about is stuffing your face and causing more mix up then what needs to be"

"Nathan." She said looking at my father. He looked at her and shook his head. "Ivory?"

"Oh heifer please." My mother rolled her eyes and sipped her brewed iced tea.

"Well fine then." She said. "I ain't staying where I ain't wanted."

"Now Ronda please." My father said.

"What?" She asked.

"You was wrong, be a grown woman and own up to that." My Aunt Debbie butted in.

Instead of listening to my Aunt Debbie Ronda got up and walked out like a little child.

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair.
Today, I don't have the type of time for the unnecessary drama and bull.

It seems like my life for the past couple days have been more hectic to deal with it and I can't. I literally have no more energy left within me.

I don't know what I'm gonna do about Brandon or King right now, I'll have to think hard on it but whatever I do, I sure hope it's what's right.

😩