Seventeen

Hey guys, I hope you enjoy the chapter! Comment goal is 40! Tell me how y'all feel about the chapter and how everything goes down.

Imani's POV

"I hate to be the one to ruin a good moment." I said. "But we've got to get going." I explained seeing how lovey dovey they all were.

"You two have out done yourselves." My mother said as we walked to the back and through the kitchen where the ceremony was taking place.

"We catered it all. I can't cook all that well and Imani couldn't do it all by herself." Naomi explained.

"Oh baby you can cook." Dre said

"I can't, and I'm cool with that." Naomi shrugged walking out.

I signaled off the pianist and saxophone players and they began to play my parents song. Dre and Naomi walked down the aisle first, while I stayed in the back making sure my parents were straight. We decided that it would be best if they walked down the aisle together, to signify them being one.

"Alright you two." I sighed fixing my mother's hair. "Walk down." I said and they began the walk down together, holding each other up.

I quickly, and quietly walked to the seat in the front, so that I could stand next to Naomi, Dre and Jaylen. I arranged the seats so that we all weren't separated. My mother and my father's families already being joined together as one.

"Ivory and Nathan, you two first joined hands years and years ago, young and not knowing where the Lord would take you on your journey called life. You both through bows promised and vowed in front of God, Family and Friends to love, honor and cherish each other through all things. Life has brought wonderful blessings like your beautiful family but has also brought some difficult challenges your way." The pastor spoke. "And on today, we celebrate the fulfillment of your promises to love and honor one another. As the two of you celebrate and reflect back to the years as husband and wife, do you wish to reaffirm and recommit yourselves to love, honor and cherish one another again?"

"We do." My parents said smiling.

"Nathan, do you promise to continue to have your wife and to live in this marriage?"

"I will." My father smiled.

"Do you reaffirm your love for her, and will you love, honor and cherish her in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, for better for worse, and forsaking all others, be faithful to her for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." He nodded.

"And Ivory, will you promise to have Nathan as your husband, continuing to live in this marriage?"

"I will." My mother said

"Do you reaffirm your love for him, and will you love, honor and cherish him in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, for better for worse, and forsaking all others, be faithful to him for as long as you both shall live?"

"Of course I do." My mother said.

"The rings?" The pastor who married my parents asked

Jaylen proudly got up, giving my parents their new wedding rings.

"Ivory and Nathan, On your wedding day you exchanged rings as a symbol of the never-ending circle  that symbolizes the eternal quality of  God, unending strength, and  unending love!.