Chapter 21/Lessons in lying or does a vampire need a sense of direction?

Start from the beginning

I continued. We told Io one of us was  a tiny space ship, the world's smallest apartment block, a type of coffee cup with three handles, a source of protein for walls , a fish who repairs bicycles, a refrigerator with a cold, the entire line up of 5 seconds of summer, a vampire with no sense of direction, a cure for flatulence in fish, a sugar cube with a cough, a ring with sense of purpose, a doorway with amnesia, an inside out well, a stone test-tube, an alarm clock with back problems, and a solar panel with shyness and ambition to be Kpop star. She understood they were all lies.

"I've never learnt so much" said Binks.

I decided to move closer to something which made sense.

"Scarlett likes Dante" I said. I wanted to work her closer to her UN-facebook  boy friend problem. She knew who Dante was. I shook my head.

"Lying" said Io smiling.

"Dante is my boyfriend" I said.

"Lying" said Io smiling.

"Well done. You try." I said sitting back.

"Realise there is no spoon" said Io. Holding the spoon up.

"Lying" I said.

"The table is my ex-boyfriend" said Lucy pointing at the table.

"Really? You should have said something. Perhaps we should sit some where else" Binks said in shock.

"Lying" Io said.

"Oh right" said Binks. Getting the game.

I was about to move on to the subject of Io's fake boyfriend. When a man with a large camera came up. He had short black hair and a roundish flat face.

"Hi I was wondering if I could take your picture," he said to Io waving his camera.

"I don't have a picture" said Io.

"Yes why do you want her picture ?" I said suspiciously.

The man kind of changed expression, "I'm an artist. I'm Casey Young. I was struck by her face, it's this contradiction between the make up and the loneliness in it". I think he had quite a sexy English accent.

"You know who she is?" I asked.

"From the way you're talking I'm guessing a contestant on America's got talent" Casey said pulling a chair out and sitting down. He unbuttoned his stylish duffle coat.

"That was like a hundred years ago" I said.

"I don't get out much" said Casey.

For over a hundred years Youtube had preserved everything. This meant you got strange viral reruns of really old youtube videos which spontaneously took off. Back episodes of America's got talent was like that.

"I'm the same, Heavy cameras will do that to you" I said.

"She's sky girl" said Leo pointing out Io.

"Oh I thought you were from Camden town" said Casey to Io.

"I am you are Io. I am from Camden town, I am a sugar cube with a cold, you are a sugar cube with a cold." said Io practicing lying.

"We are teaching her to lie" I explained.

"A casual acquaintance would always insist on the truth, only a true friend would teach a friend to lie" said Casey.

"Ronald Bentham must to a true friend to everyone." said Leo. Lucy laughed.

Casey shrugged "He so is. I like that, you too. Where you all from ?"

"I'm from Mars" I said shrugging.

"I'm from Earth" said Leo making a point.

"I'm from Earth too" said Casey.

"I'm from medical bay 3" said Io joining in.

Casey produced a completely retro card. "Look if you're in London, I'm being shown at the Tate gallery. My studio is in London to. If you pop in I'll take your picture both of you".

I had been worried Casey was a news photographer but I got the feeling he was genuine.

"Would you like a trip to London?" I asked Io after Casey went.

"Does a vampire need a sense of direction?" said Io.

***  

A/N We thank you for all your wonderful crazy, mad, delicious comments. Your votes have made Gravity  the highest voted ( if you look at votes per read ) serial fiction novels in SciFi.  Hope you have time this summer to share with Scarlett' s and Io's adventures. Join us next week to enjoy chapter 22 Sunrise in London and more Dante with Chapter 23 'We need to talk'.