Chapter 21/Lessons in lying or does a vampire need a sense of direction?

Photo: another toned down picture of Io. 

Binks and his wife Lucy came in while George left. Apparently Binks would go to the near by hyper loop station and wait for Lucy to come from her college in India. They exchanged greetings with George as she left and they sauntered in. After introducing Binks and Lucy, the robot waitress arrived with more drinks.

Lucy introduced me to some more of my school mates, Octavia, Mary Ann, Henderika, Evangeline, Esmeralda, and Maryam they seemed like nice people. Esmeralda my earrings insisted that her hobbies included being and off world hit girl for an unknown evil corporation and was also  known to bit her nails. Equally erroneously Maryam was known to like Darach and had once tried out to be on the school cheerleading squad only to discover that the chess team didn't have a cheerleading team. She had three brothers all into manga and anime versions of James Joyce Ulysses. 

"What are you doing?" asked Evangeline when he saw Leo writing numbers on paper.

"I'm teaching Io about lying and the best way to do that is to teach her to lie " said Leo.

"That's very nice. That's very nice indeed. It's nice to see people teaching stuff outside school" said Binks "who is Io?"

"She is" we both said pointing to her.

"She is" said Io pointing to herself.

Binks offered out his hand to Io "Hello, I'm Binks very nice to meet you"

"You are? I am Io" said Io shaking Blink's hand again.

suddenly Io twisted in terror "F**K Sorry, you shocked me" she said.

I realised she copied me from the lesson in the classroom.

"Did I? I'm sorry" said Binks looking at his own hand.

"No that's not how we greet people" I said. I turned to Io's minder "Can you explain?"

Io's minder bot warbled in binary to Io. Io warbled back. Then nodded.

"What is this?" said Leo pointing to the number 3 he had written on the paper. Next to it he had a 2 and a second number 3.

Io scrunched her nose and looked up like she was trying to remember then said "Three."

He pointed to the two and the other three and established that they knew the numbers. He then pointed at the two.

"This is 3" said Leo clearly pointing to the two. "I'm lying"

"This is two" said Io.

"Two is truth" I said. Then pointed at Leo "three lying". We went round the table and showed everyone said it was 2 except Leo who was lying. Io was thinking hard and wondered about it.

I pointed at my hand "This is my foot" I said smiling "Is this the truth or am I lying?"

"Lying" said Io.

"I am Scarlett" I said.

"True" said Io

"I am a banana" Octavia said.

"Lying" said Io.

"Well done. I am a cupcake dancing with a bicycle on a trifle" I said. Pointing at myself and trying to make things easy. 

"Lying" said Io.

"I'm whiter than the president of the KluKluxKlan" said Leo.

"Lying" said Io smiling.

"She is a robot" said Blinks pointing at Lucy.

"No I'm not. It's ridiculous. Who said anything like that?" said Lucy suddenly alarmed then added sheepishly "oh right lying."