xxv || house of chasm

Start from the beginning

"Okay..." Fabian spoke anxiously, he was breathing very heavily, and much like everyone else, he was scared; scared that something would go wrong.

Mara stood looking down the chasm, while the rest of Sibuna stood behind her, tightly holding onto the rope.

"Go safely, Mara," Eddie stated.

"Hold tight," She breathed out, she was nervous, probably more nervous that the rest of Sibuna put together.

Everyone nodded. Mara then took a big breath before sitting down, so her legs were dangling over the chasm. She then, with one big breath, slid off of the edge. She tried to grasp as much sticking out rock as she could.

"Everything okay?" Joy called out.

"Yeah, good," Mara breathed heavily.

"Shout when you've reached the bottom," Eddie called to her.

"Shout if you're close to running out of rope," She called back up.

Mara slowly descended the chasm, she was still breathing super heavily, and was majorly panicked. Suddenly, she lost grip of the rock.

"AHH!" She screamed, as she swung slightly.

"MARA!" The rest of Sibuna shouted in unison. The rope tightened, because Mara was now putting all of her weight on to it.

"I'm okay, sorry, sorry," She apologised, in between deep breaths.

"Are you sure?" Patricia called out.

"Yeah, fine," Mara spoke.

Mara grasped hold of the rock again, and continued to climb down. After a while of climbing, she stepped down and felt floor below her. She could stand, she was at the bottom. She then, before informing Sibuna, pulled out her phone and turned on the flashlight, she then used it to look around, all that she could see was a big empty space with a massive door, a padlock on it.

Mara then quickly found Fabian in her contacts, then called his number. She could shout up, but she wasn't sure if they'd be able to hear her.

"Mara," Fabian answered his phone.

"I'm down, I'm at the bottom," Mara told him, still breathing heavily.

"Thank God," Fabian sighed in relief.

"How much rope is left?" Mara enquired.

"Lots," Fabian told her.

Fabian, Eddie, Charlie, Patricia and Joy then all pulled out massive nails and hammers that Mara had provided. They then stuck all 20 of the nails in the rope and floor, securing it. After a few minutes of hammering nails all up the remainder of the rope, it was secure. They would have done this before Mara headed down, but they didn't know how much rope would be necessary to reach the bottom.

Fabian then started, climbing down the rope carefully. He upheld a tight grip on the rope, making sure that he didn't fall.

****

"Right," Patricia breathed out, she was the last down the chasm, they were now all down at the bottom.

"Um... Guys?" Charlie spoke, "How are we going to get back up?"

"Climb the rope, I guess," Fabian stated, shrugging.

"This place is strange," Joy spoke, looking around the room.

Fabian then walked up to the door, the others followed.

"4-digit combination padlock," He stated, turning to face the others.