Chapter Fifteen: I Meet The Child of Misery

Start from the beginning

"Feel better?" she asked when she finally pulled a way.

Leo grinned. "How could I not feel better after a hot girl kisses me?"

Calypso chuckled but soon turned serious again. "I don't know what to do about him, though. I still can't seem to get of this island, and believe me, I've tried everything. Oizys sent here son here because she spends most of her time in Tartarus, not a good place for half-bloods, and she doesn't have any other demigod children. Basically, I'm saying that he's not about to leave any time soon."

"You say you've tried everything. Does that include a magical robotic dragon?"

"Well, no..."

"Maybe that would work?" Leo suggested hopefully.

"Maybe," Calypso shrugged. "I really have no clue. Just... be aware of what Aaron can do. He has a way of making you feel alone, depressed, just plain horrible. And for me, he'd stop when I gave in and did what he wanted. But trust me, all he'll want you to do is leave, which I hope you won't do unless you're taking me with you., she looked up at him with her beautiful eyes as if hoping for assurance.

"I won't leave this island without you, no matter what," he vowed, and she kissed him again.

***

After that, Calypso led Leo back to the dining table on the beach. She waved her hand and an extra chair appeared, along with a plate, glass, napking and silverware. She motioned for Leo to sit down in it and he gladly did. It still felt like the middle of the night to his body.

"Leo, meet Aaron, son of Oizys, goddess of misery," Calypso said formally as if she hadn't already told Leo about him. "Aaron, meet Leo, son of Hephaestus."

Aaron nodded at Leo, but he scowled as he did so. When Aaron's eyes met his, Leo felt a wave of despair wash over him. It was like he had just recieved horrible news, without the horrible news. Thankfully, it faded as quickly as it came.

"Who is he?" Aaron demanded, jerking his head at Leo. Calypso sighed; he wondered what she was going to tell Aaron. I mean, he clearly wanted her, so Leo kind of hoped Calypso wouldn't tell the complete truth.

"He landed on my island. But he had to leave soon after," she said quickly. She glanced apprehensively at Leo, as if to make sure that he wasn't taking it as a personal insult.

"But why did he come back?" Aaron spit.

"He... I... Well, he just didn't want to leave me imprisoned here for eternity," she stammered.

"Does that mean you... had a relationship?" Aaron asked harshly. Gods, this guy was already getting on his nerves.

"He was only here for a short time. It was nothing," she assured him. She sent a quick but meaningful look Leo's way, and he knew that she didn't mean it. Not that he could think she did after the kiss they just shared.

"He's not staying in your cave, right?"

"Well, I suppose he can stay in his- I mean, the little hut. Do you mind?"

Leo did mind; he didn't want to leave Calypso alone with Aaron anymore than he had to. Still, he knew there was really no way to say that without getting on Aaron's badside (although he was probably already there) or blowing their cover.

"That'll be fine. I'm going to go to bed, then, if that's okay." It was getting darker out anyway.

"Of course it's okay. I suppose you've had a long journey. If you'll excuse me again, Aaron, I'm just going to get Leo a few things and then I'll be back."

Leo held out his hand to help her up and soon she was guiding him back to her cave.

"How long have you been pregnant?" he questioned, looking at her inflated stomach.

"I'm really not sure. But I'd say about eight and a half months."

Leo grimaced. He didn't know much about pregnancies, but he did know that they lasted about nine months. Really, the baby could come anytime now.

That didn't make Leo feel any better. He knew that he need to have Calypso back to Camp Demigod before she gave birth. It'd be better for mom and baby if Aaron wasn't near them.

"I'm really sorry about Aaron," she said.

"It's not your fault."

"It kind of is. If I hadn't begged so much for someone who could stay..."

"You didn't know what would happen," Leo tried his best to comfort her. "I'll get you off this island, I promise."

She smiled at him gratefully. "Thanks the Gods for that."

***There you go! Can you rest in peace now? I mean, not like R.I.P.... don't die.

Haha I have no idea what I'm saying.

Anyways, what do you think of it? Also, how do you guys like all of my chapter titles?

Hope this chapter doesn't come out tooooo short.

I'll dedicate the next chapter to the first person who votes & comments 'cause I'm nice like that.

Have a nice day/night/evening/morning! :D