Chapter Six: We Plan to Break Into Olympus

ANNABETH'S POV

Annabeth sighed as she set down yet another book of useless information. Her and Percy had spent their free time in the library each day for about two weeks, reading through entire books, and all they could find was the basic information that they had already had on the first day: that Eirene was the Goddess of Peace and one of the three Horae. As helpful as that information had been, it wasn't going to help them find the goddess.

They were also searching for information on the other major part of the prophecy: stripping a goddess of her powers. But no matter how many books they read from cover to cover, they couldn't seem to find an account of anyone stripping an immortal deity if their godly powers. Annabeth was almost starting to believe it couldn't be done. She wondered if she had somehow interpreted the prophecy wrong; Chiron had always said they had double meanings. Still, the more she stared at those stupid lines of writing, the less she seemed to get out of them.

Maybe Nico had repeated it wrong. Maybe he hadn't heard Rachel correctly in the first place. Maybe, but probably not.

Unanswered questions roamed through her mind. Could a demigod do such a thing? Would she have to wait until she was a goddess herself? Would Annabeth have to keep the powers in her body until she gave birth to the baby? If not, how on Olympus was she supposed to keep the goddesses' powers? I mean, it's not like they could just trap them in a jar... Right?

In the time that Annabeth wasn't sitting at a table in the library, sleeping or eating (which didn't amount to much) she was thinking about her pregnancy and the baby. She was now about seven weeks pregnant, and her stomach was starting to show if you looked closely. Although she knew it was true, she couldn't seem to grasp the fact that she was actually having a baby.

Their lives seemed to be going so normally; well, as normally as two famous demigod/soon-to-be gods' lives could go. Despite her pregnancy, they were still doing a quest, fulfilling a prophecy, the norm. And thankfully, none of her friends were treating her differently, except for the fact that Piper kept glancing down at Annabeth's stomach. That girl sure seemed excited about the baby.

"Percy," Annabeth sighed as they ate lunch at home while pouring over books they had checked out, "I think you were right." 

Percy looked confused. "I was right?" 

"Yes, Percy," Annabeth confirmed, a small smile making its way into her face for the first time in a long while. Her husband wasn't dumb, but he definitely looked it sometimes. The weird thing was, it didn't annoy her in the least. Actually, she found it cute.

"What was I right about?" he asked, his brow furrowed. And at that point, Annabeth just couldn't restrain herself. Her and Percy hadn't had enough time together recently where they could just be themselves with each other. So, she reached over (Percy was sitting next to her) put her arms around her husband, and kissed him. Kissed him passionately like there was no tomorrow, while he energetically returned it. They kissed until Hazel walked into the kitchen to grab some lunch and cleared her throat quite loudly.

"Sorry," Annabeth muttered, her face turning red. While she did have to admit she was embarrassed  getting interrupted by Hazel, she felt better, more refreshed than she had since they started this project. 

"What was I right about?" Percy asked with a smirk on his face. This time with a clear mind, Annabeth became serious again.

"On the first day we did this, you suggested they might be on Olympus, but the only way to find out would be to go there. I think you're right."

"You really think we should go back to Olympus?"

"Yes," Annabeth agreed, "but we need to have a plan. We can't just go walking around there because we feel like it."