Chapter Eleven: I Get Rejected

After reading the House of Hades, I'm going to have to change this book a little bit. if you don't want a spoiler... then unfortunately you'll have to stop reading. If you've already read HoH you probably already know this stuff.

1. Remember Calypso from the original Percy Jackson series? She's back, but this time it was Leo who fell onto her island. And this time, Leo likes her back. See where I'm going? Leo leaves the island but swears on the River Styx that he will come back for her. I'm sure he will by the end of the series, but he hasn't yet by the end of the House of Hades. So, that's going to change Leo's love life a little bit.

2. So, Nico's gay. He had a crush on Percy. Well, put that together with the fact that I now realize Rachel is supposed to stay single forever, and their relationship isn't really possible. Still, I'm not really sure how to fix it so I hope you guys can just ignore that and go on with it.

3. If you read this chapter before I revised it, you'll know that I said I was going to do Lazel. Lucky for you Frazel lovers, I'm not. Hope you guys don't mind these changes.

Enjoy***

Chapter 11: I Get Rejected

LEO'S POV

Capture the Flag ended up being Artemis and Hepahestus vs. everybody else. Luckily, the hunters, with super powers of sorts plus there godly parent's power and lots of practice, were really good. Especially Thalia. How she could look so hot while releasing something so deadly, he wasn't sure. But, in a hunter of Artemis's hands, a bow and arrows were definitely deadly. Thankfully, though, they didn't kill anybody. That might cause minor problems.

The previous night had been a dream to Leo. He had had a crush on Thalia ever since he first met her, but at that point, she had looked at him like he was pond scum. He couldn't imagine that someone so hot could like him, and more than that, risk who knows what to see him.

But it wasn't just Thalia's looks that Leo liked. It was her personality, which was just plain cool. You could call her goth, or punk, but cool fit the description pretty well. She wasn't girly at all, and Leo liked that about her.

So, you can imagine that he loved working with her. He got out his most technical weapons in hopes to impress her even more. Or just win the game.

Leo and Thalia's team absolutely kicked the other team's butts. The Aphrodite cabin never did much, except for maybe Piper, but she could only do so much if you covered your ears. Percy wanted to stay by Annabeth and the Athena cabin had lost their best fighter by far. Hazel and Frank, being from Camp Jupiter, didn't participate in capture the flag, so that basically left Ares cabin and Jason as there biggest enemies.

The Ares cabin couldn't do much from a long distance with their swords and heavy spears, so they had a hard time getting close to the other team's flag without Thalia shooting them with an arrow. Jason managed to fly overhead without being noticed, but Leo kept him from getting the flag.

Meanwhile, most of the other hunters snuck around the woods to get the enemy flag. With their speed and stealth acquired from Artemis and their experience hunting, they managed to get it pretty quickly. The hunters and Hephaestus's cabin cheered wildly as the symbol on the flag changed to a bow and arrow (the hunters had been the ones who had actually captured the flag).

Afterward, Thalia told Leo to meet her by the canoeing area of lake again. Without hesitating, he made his way through the woods and sat down on his side of the log again.

The sun was just sinking down over the water when Thalia sat down next me.

"You did really good there," he complimented. "That was awesome how you kept all the Ares kids away."