Chapter Eight: Beneath a Moonless Sky

Author's Notes: Hey guys!!! :D Here's a new chapter finally! Would have been posted two months ago had not my school laptop get screwed up and decides not to show the text box! Hope you enjoy this chapter! :D Song is Beneath a Moonless Sky from Love Never Dies (The sequel to Phantom of the Opera). :) Hope ya'll enjoy this chapter!! I enjoyed writing it... I've added the video to the Melbourne, Australia stage movie production of it because it's amazing! :D

Adeen was lead down the hall, a team of guards escorting her, with her wrists handcuffed behind her back. She was under house arrest for what she had done. She began to fully regret joining Loki. She hated feeling like a criminal and was completely humiliated by the whole thing. Adeen looked up as they entered into the room and the team was all there. Her face turned a darker shade of red and she gazed down at her feet as they came to a stop. Steve stood up and glared at the guards. He hated seeing her chained up, he didn't care what she did; she didn't need to be handcuffed.

"You can let her go, I'm pretty sure she's not going to attack us...if she would have, she would have already done so." Steve told them in an authorities voice.

The lead guard looked slightly annoyed by this and reluctantly taking the cuffs off of her. Adeen smirked a little bit knowing he hated doing this. He'd always hated Adeen and this was his way of getting back at her. She rubbed her wrists some from him tightening the cuffs on her. She looked up at him.

"Easy there, Travis...you know I would have already done so. You all would have been down on the ground crying like little babies having gotten beaten up by a handcuffed SHIELD agent."

Travis growled menacingly at her and turned his group around and began walking out of the room. Adeen turned around to her team to find them all snickering or at least trying not to. She raised an eyebrow and looked between each of them. She folded her arms across her chest.

"What's so funny...?"

"We've been trying to piss him off for a while now and you just totally pissed him off." Clint explained, laughing.

Adeen laughed a little bit from this and ran a hand through her hair. She was surprised they were being so nice to her after all the shit she had done and gotten herself into. She looked down at the ground, averting her gaze from everyone around her so she wouldn't have to look them in the eyes.

"Adeen, are you all right...?" Hank asked cautiously.

Adeen lifted her head up to look at him; surprised he had spoken to her. She quickly dropped her head back down, staring at her feet.

"Y-yes...I'm fine...I'm just slightly surprised you all trust me this much and are speaking to me...that's all..." Adeen answered quietly.

"We will always trust you though, Adeen..." Bruce softly told her.

Steve nodded his head towards the door to the others so that Bruce and her could talk alone. They began walking towards the door. Clint was slightly reluctant to leave her in the room with Bruce but he left with the others. Bruce and Adeen were silent for a while, Adeen still staring down at her feet. Bruce slowly walked over to her and stood in front of her. Adeen sheepishly raised her head looking into his soft brown eyes wondering what he had to say to her, as they were now alone in the room together. He smiled lightly down at her brushing a strand of her hair out of her face behind her ear. She blushed lightly smiling weakly never taking her gaze off him. She felt sudden knots in her stomach from how close he was to her. She felt nervous as she always did when she was around him having missed that feeling slightly and just how he made her feel in his presence. He absentmindedly ran a hand gently through her hair remaining silent the whole time. Bruce began to lean down towards her pulling her gently closer to him. Adeen smiled lightly leaning up meeting him halfway and pressed her lips against his feeling his other arm wrap securely around her waist. She wrapped her arms around his neck slowly having only thought about kissing him like this before everything went down hill. She slowly pulled back after a short while gazing into his eyes catching her breath slightly.