Chapter Six: Emotions

~*~Author's Notes~*~ Hey guys! So the song I used is With You from Ghost the Musical and yes...I know it's a girl supposed to be singing the song but...it fit Bruce for this one so just imagine the song I put up for you is in a guys octave. Hope ya'll enjoy the chapter!! :)

Bruce walked away from his friends, annoyed and angry. He didn’t want to discuss his emotions about Adeen to anyone. Bruce wanted to keep his feeling ds to himself, wanting to keep it personal. He hated expressing any other emotion around anyone. His team knew nothing about how exactly he felt. He may have remained silent for a few weeks, acting as if he were fine, but deep inside, he was being torn into pieces. Bruce didn’t know how long he’d go before finally snapping. He wanted to avoid that at all costs. He wanted no one to get hurt. He sighed, running a hand through his hair. The guilt of yelling at Natasha was beginning to creep onto him but he tried fighting it off. He pulled a photograph out of his shirt pocket and looked down at it, stopping in his tracks. He smiled lightly down at it, stroking his thumb gently across it. It was of him and Adeen actually happy. He had his arms wrapped around her waist, smiling at the camera and she had her eyes closed, leaning back against his chest smiling brightly. Bruce’s smile faded away as he continued looking down at the photo. He sat down on a park bench sighing. He ran a hand through his messy hair.

“I picked up your shirts this morning

I don’t know why, I don’t know why

Jennifer said to say hello

I started to cry, I started to cry

Every place we ever walked and

Everywhere we talked, I miss you

You never leave my mind

So much of you is left behind

You took my days with you

Took my nights with you

Those unfinished conversations

We used to have still speak to me

And I write you letters every day

That I’ll never send and you’ll never see

All this wishful thinking

Gets me nowhere I can’t stay

Though my heart is broken

It keeps breaking every day

You took my hopes with you

Took my dreams with you

I keep thinking that you’ll be calling

Everyone says that it’s all in my head

And I can’t accept it yet

I’m not ready to just give in

I know that I can’t live in this pain

With these feelings of regret

I can’t comprehend this

And pretend that I don’t care

Any place I wanna be

I wanna see you there

You took my life with you

Took my world with you”

Bruce put the photograph back into his pocket and sighed, leaning back against the bench, gazing down at the ground. Amora stood behind a tree watching him. She studied him for a long moment then began to form a plan to get Adeen out of the way of Loki and smirked. She disappeared then into a portal, going to arrange for her plan to go through. She knew Adeen still loved Bruce and using her emotions towards him, she could easily make Loki become aware of that. As she disappeared, Tony slowly walked over to his friend, concerned for him. He hated seeing Bruce like this. It wasn’t Bruce. It was someone who looked a lot like Bruce. He slowly sat down beside him and just remained silent looking around the park. Bruce continued looking down at the ground, knowing Tony was there.

“Sorry I snapped at you guys…” he quietly apologized, still keeping his eyes on the ground.

“Bruce, you don’t have to apologize for that…we all do know what you are going through at the moment and we do care about you…”

“I know…I know…I just…” he began to explain but then sighed and shook his head. “Never mind…”

“No, go on and tell me…I’m here for you, buddy…I don’t do this for just anyone you know…what were you going to say?”

Bruce sat up a little on the bench, folding his arms across his chest. He glanced up at Tony for a moment then averted his gaze to his surroundings taking in the scenery.

“I just don’t…want that day to come when one of you guys tell me…to move on and tell me she’s never coming back…I don’t want to here you guys telling me to just give up entirely on her…”

“After all that just happened…you still love her?” Tony inquired calmly, looking at Bruce with a soft expression.

Bruce then looked up at Tony with a different expression on his face.

“I never stopped loving her…”

“Then what was she talking about back there about Betty?”

Bruce placed his head in his hands then sat back up, rubbing the back of his head. He really didn’t want to explain this out loud. That moment was the last time he saw his Adeen. The words were the last ones she said to him before she disappeared with Loki. He hated reflecting back on that day for many reasons but at this time, he couldn’t avoid the subject any longer.

“Adeen didn’t quite hear the whole conversation between Betty and I…I told Betty I do love her but that was after I explained to her that I loved Adeen now and that I loved her in a friend way. I don’t know how Adeen couldn’t have heard the entire conversation. We were right by the door where she was waiting…this is all my fault that she’s with Loki now…I might as well give up now before it gets worse…”

“You can’t give up on her yet…and it isn’t your fault. She chose this path but she will find her way back down the path to you…you just have to believe in her. I’m going to tell you this now since Adeen isn’t here to kick my ass for telling you this. Whenever you weren’t there with me in the lab or somewhere, she’d always talk about you like you were the greatest thing in the entire world and how much she cared about you. And back there just now, when she was tormenting us…I could see it in her eyes and actions she still cared about you and loved you. I personally think she’s just really trying to make you jealous and get your attention. I think that’s all she ever wanted, was to just be with you.”

“Why can’t you be like this all the time?” Bruce inquired, impressed by his friend’s words and behavior difference.

“Like I said, I don’t do this for just anybody.” Tony told him, smiling a little bit. “You’re like a brother to me, Bruce, and I really hate seeing you drag your sorry ass around all day in the lab looking like a depressed person.”

“There’s the Tony I know.” Bruce stated, chuckling softly to himself.

Tony laughed and patted him on the shoulder, slowly standing up.

“Just don’t give on her yet…give her some time…and hey, you never know…she may come back to you sooner than you think..”

Bruce laughed at this in a slight cynical manner, standing up beside Tony.

“Yea…all right…thanks, Tony.”

“Hey, no problem. Now, before Capsicle has a heart attack, let’s get back to the others.”

“All right, all right…” he agreed, laughing at Tony’s over exaggerated last statement and began walking back with him to the others.