Chapter Seven: Confessions

“Why must I be here again…?” Bruce asked tiredly, looking around the mass of people.

“You know why you are here…Loki plans on killing someone here tonight and we are going to stop him.” Clint explained to him again.

“Then why am I needed?” Bruce inquired, still confused on why.

Tony patted him on the back and smirked down at him a little.

“You are here because you are going to get the information out of Adeen, my friend.” Tony explained to him happily.

Bruce’s eyes widened a little and he stepped back raising his hands up like he was surrender.

“Wow, wow, wow! Hold, up. You want me, the worst possible candidate at the moment, to get information, out of Adeen?”

“Well, yes, because you know her more than anyone and you know how to approach her with stuff like this.” Steve told him truthfully, looking down at him.

Bruce sighed in frustration and ran a hand through his hair looking around at the guests at the prime minister’s gathering. The ballroom was filled with hundreds of different groups; politicians, diplomats, congressmen, senators, representatives. How was he supposed to talk to her and convince her to tell them their plans? He began taking a step back. Bruce just really wanted to get out of here before someone got hurt. He knew if he talked to Adeen, he’d say something that would make her even more upset than she was already. Tony grabbed his arm, seeing him back away, and pulled him forward again. Bruce stumbled forward a little bit glaring up at him.

“Nope! You ain’t goin’ no where.”

Bruce let out a flustered sigh. He was beginning to become annoyed now. Thor walked up to him and patted him lightly on the back looking down upon him.

“You can do this, Banner. You’re better at talking to people than the rest of us.”

“Yeah!...hey!” Clint exclaimed, glaring up at the God.

“What…? It’s the truth….”

“Uh…guys…?” Steve asked hesitantly, looking to his left.

“Steve…are you all right?” Hank inquired slightly concerned.

The five other guys looked in the direction Steve was gazing at and they froze in complete shock at what they saw. Her hair was back to its normal brown color, her hair half up, half down in an elegant fashion. She wore a long elegant red gown with caped sleeves. Her bright blue eyes scanned the room, looking as if she were looking for someone. The guys just stared at her completely taken aback by her.

“Damn…” the five guys with the exception of Bruce mumbled at the same time, not taking their eyes off Adeen.

“Now…I really wish I didn’t cheat on her years back…” Tony mumbled pushing Bruce towards her. “Go talk to her…”

Bruce stumbled forward slightly and turned around glaring at Tony.

“Tony, I’m going to kick your ass when we get out of here…” he told him threateningly and turned back around and started walking towards Adeen.

He grabbed her arm gently, keeping his hold on her arm, looking down at her. Adeen didn’t look at him and looked the opposite way, knowing it was him.

“We need to talk.” He told her quietly so that no one close to them could hear.

She finally looked up at him in his eyes and nodded.