Chapter Three: Change

~*~Author's Notes~*~ Hey guys! Here's Chapter three! :D yay! Okay so I just wanted ya'll to know, the one part (if you saw Oz: The Great and Powerful) may sound familiar because I liked how Theodora transformed into the Wicked Witch of the West and this part was perfect for this story so the idea I do not own for that part. I just tweaked it a little bit. Hope ya'll enjoy this chapter! :D No singing in it this time. :P

“What do you mean she just joined his side?” Nick interrogated angrily with his arms folded across his chest glaring down at Bruce.

            “That’s what I’m telling you! I saw it with my own eyes. I would not lie to you at a time like this!”

            Bruce was beginning to get annoyed with being asked the same question over and over again. He really just wanted to ram Fury’s head into the wall and walk away acting like nothing happened but he knew he had to keep some self control or he’d end up locked up for a while in his cell.

            “Then why didn’t you stop her!?”

            “I got there too late! By the time I got there, her and Loki were just leaving! They just vanished! How the Hell was I supposed to stop her?”

            “All right, guys, seriously, chill out… Accusing people ain’t going to get, Adeen back.” Janet told them, trying to calm them down before someone got hurt and she knew Bruce was the one going to be doing the hurting by the look in his eyes.

            “Fine…when you saw her…did she look under Loki’s spell or anything like that?” Fury tried as calmly to ask.

            “She looked completely normal. Her eyes weren’t dilated or anything. She openly joined him without being put under his control.”

            Nick was not thrilled with this news. He knew Adeen would never join Loki’s side unless a huge matter pushed her to do it or she was under his mind control. He didn’t want to believe she would do such a thing but by the sounds of things, his worst nightmare was coming true. Fury sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose tiredly, trying to think of something.

            “All right, this is what we are going to do. None of you, are leaving this building alone unless you are with one of your other team mates. When you are out, you will keep a look out for Loki or Adeen and let me know if you spot them. Now that Loki has Adeen on his side, she will give him information on each of us. She is now are number one enemy. If I find out any of you try to assist her in anyway, you will be put away for treason. Am I clear?”

            Everyone remained silent, not wanting to answer him. They couldn’t believe their friend would do this to all of them for that matter.  They wanted to know why she joined the bastard. There had to be a reason. There was a reason for everything. Now, Adeen was their worst enemy.

~*~*~*~*~

            Adeen sat opposite of Loki with her hands resting in her lap. She looked up at him wondering what she was supposed to do for him or what was supposed to happen to her. She remained completely still and silent as he walked around her. He looked down at her, looking her carefully over. She was quite beautiful for a mortal. That was very strange of Loki to think this since he usually despised the race. He shook his head a little, trying to get rid of the thoughts in his head. He stood in front of her and gazed down at her, looking her in the eyes.

            “I’m going to make you very powerful, Adeen, so you can finally make them see what they have been missing.”

            “And how do you plan on doing that…?” Adeen asked curiously, folding her arms across her chest, looking into his eyes.

            Loki extended his hand out with his palm facing the ceiling and a green apple appeared in the palm of his hand. Adeen began to become concerned thinking back on Snow White and how an apple poisoned her. She looked at the apple then back up at Loki.

            “That’s not a poisoned apple is it?” she interrogated hesitantly, becoming uneasy.

            “My dear, if I wanted you dead, you’d have been dead already.” He truthfully told her with a light smile on his face. “You just need to take one bite and you’ll have the powers of a goddess at the palm of your hand…”

            Adeen looked back down at the apple, hesitant, then slowly reached her hand out towards the apple and grasped it in her hand. She pulled it up to her mouth and took a bite out of it, chewing and swallowing it. The apple fell from her hands, dropping to the floor. She stood up, knocking the chair over, putting her hand to her heart. She clenched her eyes shut feeling a burning and painful sensation coursing through her body. Her skull felt like it was on fire and everything began to spin. She cried out in pain, stumbling to the side a little grabbing onto the ledges of the table tightly.

            “What have you done to me?” she asked through clenched teeth in a pain-filled tone.

            She collapsed to the ground behind the table, the pain becoming unbearable for her to stand. She had never experienced so much physical pain in her entire life. Everything went silent suddenly. Loki stood there with his hands behind his back and looked over at the table with a calm expression upon his face.

            “Adeen?” he asked calmly.

            A hand then rested on the table with black fingernails, helping her to stand up. She slowly stood up with a total new appearance. She opened her eyes to show her blue eyes were a brighter blue with a tinge of purple in them. Her hair was now black with purple covering her bangs. Her hair was braided and curled in an elegant side ponytail draping over her shoulders with a blue tiara headband. She wore a Draped Black Silk Strapless Evening Dress Gown, BALMAIN ankle boots, red Lanvin cuffs on each wrist, and a red and black Swarovski Gothic cross necklace was tied around her neck. Her lips were a red color and her eyes had a fierce, smoky quality to them behind her red glasses she wore to see. Loki was slightly taken aback by her appearance, finding her even more attractive this way than in her normal mortal form. He slowly walked over to her and stopped in front of her looking down at her. He reached his hands out towards her and rested them on her shoulders gently and turned her around so that she was facing the mirror behind her. Adeen jumped back a little when she saw herself in the mirror. She looked down at herself not believing what she was seeing. She looked back into the mirror.

            “W-What did you do to me…?” she stuttered slightly, still dazed by what she saw in the reflection.

            “I turned you…into one of the most powerful people…in all the nine realms…” he told her quietly looking into the mirror. “I can change you appearance back if you want and you can still have the powers I have given you…”

            Adeen shook her head suddenly narrowing her eyes in a dark manner.

            “No…I want them to see me like this, and see what they have done to me. I want him to see that he shouldn’t have messed with my feelings like that. I want to see them regret everything they’ve ever done.”

            “And you can make that happen now, love…you can make them pay for all the wrong they have done to you through out the years…together…we can show them what pain really is…”

            Adeen smirked darkly at the idea of her old team in pain for all they have done to her. They would pay for everything they put her through. She was done being the one everyone went to, she was done being the one left in the shadows, she was done with all the heart break. She wanted revenge and she liked the taste of it. It made her feel good inside and she was going to enjoy hurting the Avengers, one…by…one…until their very souls were crushed.

“Oh…how I do love the sound of that…” she nefariously told him, chuckling softly to herself.

~*~Author's Notes~*~ Hey ya'll! I hope ya'll enjoyed this new chapter! :D Took a while to think about. Anyway! I wanted to make something clear in Adeen's appearance change. When her eyes turn a brighter blue, she's not under Loki's control. Her eyes are originally a dark blue they just make a brighter shade. Get it? Just wanted to clarify that. I hope ya'll enjoyed! Please comment, vote, tell me how ya liked the story so far and leave your favorite part in teh comment section! Thanks ya'll for reading! :D