Chapter Nine: A Little Fall of Rain

~*~Author's Notes~*~ Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel characters or Broadway show tunes. "A Little Fall of Rain" from "Les MIsérables" . Hope ya'll enjoy this chapter!

Loki appeared in Central Park with Adeen and threw her angrily to the ground. The thunder roared like an angry beast in the distance as storm clouds slowly began to roll in. Little drops of rain met with the black river of pavement below. He transformed into his God form, gripping tightly to his scepter. Adeen gazed up at him with fear written in her eyes. She had never been more terrified in her life before up until this very moment. She began to crawl backwards slightly as he approached her with menacing eyes. Loki grabbed her by the throat viciously and lifted her into the air. Her hands grabbed at his trying desperately to make his grasp loose again.

“You…made believe you loved me…” he told her through clenched teeth.

Adeen began shaking her head no and his grip became and iron clamp against her neck. She began desperately trying to get oxygen into her lungs but her airways were being crushed. Tears were beginning to stream down her face as she felt pain course through her body and began to see a colorful array of dots in her vision.

“N-no…I-I didn’t…fool…y-you…please…let…me…go…” she managed to plead through her choking.

Something then struck Loki in the back and he staggered forward some, pushing Adeen to the ground. She collapsed on her side and began coughing uncontrollably, putting a hand around her throat. Loki turned sharply around to see three of the Avengers standing there: Bruce, Tony, and Steve He glared furiously at them. Thor stepped forward with the same fierce glare upon his expression.

“You leave her alone, Loki…” he threatened darkly, gripping onto the hilt of his hammer that his knuckles were pure white.

Bruce began running towards Adeen. Loki noticed this and raised his scepter to strike Bruce across the side of the head. Bruce grabbed the hilt of the scepter and flipped Loki over his shoulder before kneeling down beside Adeen with a concerned expression written on his face. He rested a hand upon her cheek, as he helped her sit up. Adeen wrapped her arms around his neck suddenly, burying her head into his shoulder weeping softly. He wrapped his arms around her tightly and held her close.

“Sh…sh…it’s okay…I’m right here…I’m going to get you out of here.” Bruce calmly told her. “Just try to calm down…okay…? Everything is going to be fine…”

He slowly stood up, hoisting her up gently keeping his arm securely around her. Bruce turned around to get punched in the face, flying into the air meeting the ground. He laid there for a moment, clenching his hands into fists. He was beginning to struggle with keeping himself in control. He clenched his eyes shut trying to keep the Hulk from coming out. He really didn’t need that at the moment. Bruce slowly began to stand up. Loki pulled out some strange looking dagger and began to approach Bruce in a furious manner. Adeen looked over at him and saw the dagger in his hand and paled. She knew what it did and she knew why he had designed the weapon. Loki had threatened her a while back that if she were to ever deceive him, he would use it on Bruce and it would kill him.

“I warned her you would die if she ever deceived me!” he viciously explained to him, about to strike the blade through Bruce.

“Bruce! Look out!”

Adeen pushed him out of the way clenching her eyes shut as the blade pierced through her abdomen. Loki was in shock and pulled it out of her quickly as he watched her collapse to the ground. He couldn’t believe he just did that. Bruce looked at her as she fell, horrified. He caught her before she collapsed entirely and sat on the ground by her side. He held her close to him, looking down at her beautiful face. He brushed her rain-soaked hair gently away from her face. Her breathing picked up some as she tried to keep herself from slipping away. Her eyes were clenched shut for a moment before she slowly opened them, gazing into his brown eyes.