Prologue

~*~Author's Notes~*~ Hey ya'll! Just wanted to let you know, the italics in quotations for dialogue are the songs! Like in this chapter, I used a bit from Wonderful from Wicked. Hope you enjoy! :D

            Adeen walked through the streets by herself in the pouring down rain. She had her hood covering her face to keep the rain from getting her wet. It wasn’t really working out well. She looked sadly down at the ground as she walked, not wanting to think about Bruce being with Betty. Adeen didn’t want to lose him to her. Betty basically gave him up to her father and he still went back to her. After all Bruce and her had gone through, he still went back to her. Tears began to stream down her cheeks in narrow rivers as the thoughts burned through her mind. She wished the pain would just go away. Adeen wished she could show Bruce she was someone to him and not just a pawn in his life. She then heard a noise from the alleyway she was about to walk past and froze. She used her senses to see if anything was out of the ordinary. A smell caught her attention and she clenched her teeth together, knowing who was in the alleyway.

            “Loki…” she growled through clenched teeth.

            A dark yet smooth nefarious chuckle echoed against the walls of the windows and empty streets as Loki stepped out of the darkness. He stood in front of her with his black hair slicked back and his dazzling green eyes looking down at her as he towered over her at a massive height. Adeen clenched her hands into fists, not in the mood to deal with him after what just happened. She just wanted to get home and go to bed and ‘try’ to forget about what happened, which was going to be impossible to do since the man she loved didn’t love her the same way.

            “Why, hello, Adeen…tell me…my such a lovely creature is walking by herself on a cold, rainy evening?”

            “I don’t have to tell you anything!” She angrily answered turning away from him and began walking again.

            He chuckled darkly, shaking his head lightly with a smirk upon his lips. He turned his head and gazed at her as she walked away.

            “Oh, but I can help you, Adeen…I can help you get revenge on them…for breaking your heart…”

            Adeen stopped but didn’t turn around. She kept her head hanging low, staring at the ground into a puddle showing her reflection. Her face was completely stoic as she spoke.

            “Why should I believe you? After all, you are the God of Lies and Mischief.”

            Loki was suddenly behind her and rested his hands gently on her shoulders, looking down at the puddle at both their reflections. He still had his smirk upon his face as he leaned down towards her to be the same height as her to whisper into her ear.

            “I’m telling you the truth, love…I can give you the power to get your revenge on Banner and Ross…You and I…could rule together…and show everyone that you are someone…I know you feel like you are nothing to everyone…but I see true potential in you, Adeen…I know who you are…and what you want to be…you just want to be needed…they’ll call you wonderful.”

            “It does sound wonderful.”

            “Trust me, it’s fun.”

            “When you are wonderful. It would be wonderful…”

            Adeen sighed and a dark smirk formed upon her lips. She then turned around to face Loki. Loki returned the smirk knowing he had gotten to her.

            “All right, Loki…I’ll join you…but I better not get cut out of our deal…” she agreed in a dark tone.

            “You have my word…” he slyly told her.

            He extended his hand out to her to take. Adeen looked at it for a moment, hesitating for a brief moment then took his hand and they suddenly vanished, leaving behind the depressing scenery of New York City and a note that gently floated slowly down to the surface before someone caught it. He slowly stood up and looked around not seeing his friend anywhere in sight after seeing her with Loki. He began to look around the small area, worried about what he just heard.

            “Adeen, why?” Bruce asked himself, standing right where Loki and Adeen had just stood just moments before.