Nine

[smut next chapter]

After everyone went to sleep I snuck out. Obviously after what happened in the kitchen everyone was a bit emotional so no one went to work. We were all gonna lose our fucking jobs someday. We lived close to the ocean and that's where I went when I needed to be alone. Of course, Pete knew but his first thought when he got up would probably be 'Holy fuck is he dead?' No. Just disappearing.  I laid next to the rocks on the cold sand.  Let's think about family.  Families love each other and they support each other.  What the fuck was wrong between my brother and I? We were the only family between us. I closed my eyes sighing. The water rushed over my feet. Then it got higher going up my waist. Maybe it'd consume me. Maybe it'd take me away from everything and everyone. It could wash away my guilt. Wash away the pain. It hit my ears. I closed my mouth so I didn't have to taste the water. Then it stopped moving up. That was as far as the tide went. It continuously hit me like that. I stayed like that for a good amount of time until someone was pulling me up by my hand. I opened my eyes staring at Pete.

"Don't sneak out like that" he said gently. I ran my hand through my wet hair. "You worried me"

"You're the only one" I said. He sat down next to me. I laid my head on his shoulder.

"How can you still be so beautiful with wet hair and seaweed on your clothes?"

"How can you be so beautiful with no sleep and food stains on your shirt" I poked a mustard stain.

"You know" he tackled me to the ground. He held my hands above my head. "Kiss me"

"You kiss me" I stuck my tongue out at him.

"You kiss me" he giggled.

"Nope. You have to kiss me" I pouted.

"God those puppy dog eyes. Fine I'll kiss you" he leaned down and kissed me. I moved my lips with his.  He giggled a little bit pulling away from me.  "You know what I love about you?"

"What?" I asked smiling.

"I love your smile, and your laugh.  I love the way your eyes sparkle.  I love your mind and your soul and how beautiful you are.  I love your kind heart.  How you do everything for everyone else.  I love you" I tackled him into a hug.  He hugged me back chuckling.

"I love you so much" I mumbled.

"I love you too baby.  That's why you can't die on me.  I need you.  I could never ever survive without you.  I'll stay alive if you will"

"I will" I kissed his cheek.  I promise.