One

[Patricks POV ofc]

Honestly none of us have family. We're all each other has. Brendon keeps us together. He's like our parent. He's a twenty one year old man working three jobs to give us enough money to live. Franks my age. Seventeen. We both work one job after school. I work at the library and he works at a record store. Andy's eighteen. He dropped out of school and works two jobs. Finally, there's Pete, my best friend. He's also my age and works the nightshift at a fast food place. I share a room with him. He keeps to himself mostly and only talks to me. Brendon's my biological brother. Franks parents both died and he almost had to live with his abusive aunt. Andys parents were always too drunk to care where he was. I don't know what happened with Petes family. Even though he's my best friend he still hasn't told me. My mom died giving birth to me while my dad killed himself over it all. Brendon had custody of Pete, Frank, and I. We all chipped in. With all of our pays together we had enough for food, electricity, and a house. Perfect. We were all close. One big friend group almost.

"Patrick!" Brendon yelled pulling me from my thoughts "School!"

"Not going today!" I yelled back. Pete looked over at me.

"Why not?" he asked. I shrugged.

"I'm tired"

"Pete!" Brendon yelled. Pete looked over at me.

"I'm not going if Patrick's not going!" he yelled.

"Fine but your asses are going tomorrow no excuses!" He yelled "I'm going to work! Frank and Andy left!"

"Okay!" we yelled together. Pete flopped on his bed.

"Hey" he mumbled.

"Hm?" I asked. He opened his arms. I climbed into bed cuddling myself into them. Brendon liked to say we were in love with each other but wouldn't admit it. I'd like to say we just liked to be around each other and touch each other. Plus, Pete's a whore.

"You were crying in your sleep again. Was it another nightmare?" I nodded. "You're allowed to sleep in my arms you know"

"I feel like a child"

"I know. But I'm here" I nodded. I know. You've been here since the beginning.
-----
I woke up to my alarm beeping. Pete was still sound asleep somehow. I got out of his death grip and turned it off to get ready for work. I stared at the peaceful sleeping boy on his bed. He shifted moving on his stomach. I flopped down on the floor next to him. He had it rougher than really any of us. Brendons shifts were four hours each. He left at seven and was home by seven at night. Pete went to school all day then slept for four hours so he could work until five in the morning. He came home, got ready, and then left with us. So sometimes he stayed home to sleep. I pulled his blanket over him then flicked the lights off.

"Poor thing" I sighed. I had to tell him I was leaving he got upset when I didn't tell him because he was over protective. I shook him a little bit. His snoring stopped and he opened his eyes.

"What's wrong?" he asked rubbing his eye

"I have to go to work and you have yo get ready for work. I'll see you tomorrow morning okay?" He nodded

"Okay" he mumbled. I got up but he pulled me back down to his level "If that douche fucks with you. Tell me understand?"

"I will" By douche he meant the guy who teases me for being gay. Pete's threatened him multiple times and beat him up twice but he just doesn't stop. I got up again. He let me go this time.