"Luke where are we going." I was exasperated and if I didn't know Luke so well, I would've been terrified.

"To mine, don't argue." he told me. I wasn't in the mood to communicate with him. I didn't know if him and Bella were an item and now I was uncertain of where I stood. We arrived at Luke's and we both got out of the car.

"Hey!" Luke called to me. I turned around."I swear to god, I didn't mean for Bella to come today. It was supposed to just be us. I'm sorry, I promise I'll make it up to you." he explained. I still had really strong feelings for Luke. I couldn't turn him down yet again.

"Go on then," I smirked.

"What?" Luke was confused.

"Make it up to me doofus!" I pushed him playfully. Luke bent down and picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder in one swift move. I squealed as he took me towards the loungeroom, laying me on the couch.

"I have something that I reckon you'll love." He smirked, his eyes glimmering. "But you'll have to stay the night."

"It'd better be good." I agreed. Luke still wouldn't sit down.

"Up you get then!" he ordered. "The couch won't move itself." Confused, I took the opposite end of the lounge and helped lift and carry it outside. I knew exactly what he was doing now. I got Luke's duvet from his room and helped set up the couch so that it had folded out into a bed. Luke went upstairs and came back down with a shirt.

"Here," Luke handed me the clothing.

"Thanks," I replied going inside and quickly changing. I looked outside at Luke who was neatening everything out. I still didn't know whether or not to tell him what was on my mind.

"Ruby the sun's going down, hurry!" Luke called. I snapped out of my trance and went back outside. Luke joined me as we sat on the couch. From the corner of my eye, I saw as he watched me stare at the orange sunset. With his arms around my waist, Luke pulled me closer to his body.

"I've always wanted to do this with you." he gazed down at me. "I don't think we ever got the chance."

"It was all pretty full in in Melbourne," I agreed. Luke didn't reply, just watched the sun as it slowly went down. Soon it was dark, Luke and I stayed up talking.

"Wanna go for a swim?" I suggested.

"I can't,"

"Why not?" I looked at him stunned.

"New tattoos yesterday." he explained, leaning back on to the bed.

"Let me see!" I climbed over to him trying to search in his now nearly full arm of ink.

"I'm tired, I'm going to bed." Luke said climbing in the sheets.

"Luke! Show me!" I begged. He didn't answer. I climbed into bed next to him. Luke didn't answer, only turn his back to me. I snaked my arm around his body and cuddled him from behind.
"Please Luke," I tried again. Slowly Luke turned around.

"Don't freak okay." he told me. Images of all kinds of vulgar tattoo's filled my mind making me cringe. I wasn't really a fan of lot's of tattoos, but it suited Luke well. Luke searched his arm and pointed to the new addition. I looked closely, I could feel Luke's eyes watching my every move.

"It's a gem." I spoke quietly.

"A Ruby." he explained softly brushing over the small red tattoo. His eyes kept on me as I looked at the tattoo stunned. I was the reason behind it.

"Luke," I looked up at him, completely overwhelmed. "I don't know what to say."

"You've really helped me and you're someone that I care about. A lot." he smirked.

"You are too sweet." I hugged him tightly, falling backwards back onto the matress. Nuzzling his face into my neck, Luke planted a few small kisses making me melt. It was nice to see a soft sensitive side of Luke that I hadn't seen in a while. And that was my night. Lying under the stars with Luke, I wouldn't have traded it for the world.

---------------------------------------------------

I walked out of work to my car. I was suprised at how late it was but I needed to to extra work to catch up- I had been so slack lately. Yawning, I took off towards my place. Pulling up in my carpark and getting up to my apartment was the best feeling, I got changed and flopped on the couch with last night's left overs. My body was exhausted and I was alseep withing a few minutes.
God knows how long later I woke up to my phone ringing. Frazzled, I looked at the absurd time and answered.

"Hello?"

"Sorry to wake you Rubes, it's an emergency, well not really." Beau said. He also sounded exhausted. I instantly woke up.

"What's wrong, is everything okay? Are you alright?" I worried.

"It's fine. Just- I need you to do me a favour. Don't go crazy."

"Sure, what is it." I told him.

"I need you to pick Luke up from the police station." Beau hesitated.

"WHAT?!" I was gobsmacked. "What the fuck is he doing at the police station!?"

"He had a bit of a disagreement and it got- let's say out of hand." he explained. I was stressing out big time.

"Just give me the address, I'll go get him." I wrote down the directions, grabbed my shoes and left. The last thing I wanted to do was go down to the police station at almost two in the morning, but it was Luke. And just like he'd do anything for me, I'd do anything for him. I pulled up and sighed, hopping out of the cra and walking briskly inside.
 I got up to the reception desk and smiled at the clearly bored man.
"I'm here for Luke Brooks." I said totally unimpressed. The man snickered.

"He is quite the carry on." he held back laughs as he pointed me though the hall. Another guard led me to a seperate room where Luke sat behind iron bars along with a few other people. I couldn't believe this. Luke got up and stumbled towards the gate, obviously getting over his drunken state. I stood on the other side and crossed my arms. He knew I was pissed, so he gave me his sweet as pie smile. It didn't work this time.

"What are you doing here?" I said rhetorically.

"Are you mad?" he squinted.

"No, Luke I'm jumping for joy!" I said sarcastically making a few onlookers snicker. That's when I noticed the cut that covered a good part of the right side of Luke's face. Putting my hand through the gap of the bars, I brushed his hair back softly to have a better look, making him flinch. I shook my head in disbelief and sighed once again.

"What am I going to do with you?"

"I thought you liked a bad boy," Luke laughed at his own joke. I smirked and rolled my eyes.

"Let's get you home," I replied, standing back so that the officer could unlock the cell before leading us back to my car.

"A warning remember." he told Luke sternly. That boy could get away with murder. Luke fell asleep on the way home, snoring soflty. For the second time today, I pulled into my parking lot.

"Wake up, we're here." I whispered as I shook Luke softly. Together we went quietly up to my place. I took Luke into the spare room where he flopped back on the bed and fell asleep again almost automatically. I cleaned up and got ready to finally sleep myself. Hopping into bed, I tried to close my eyes and not concentrate on the fact that the boy whos love I was so desperate for was in the next room. As though my mind had created my wish, a figure emerged at my door and climbed into bed next to me.

"I couldn't sleep." Luke murmered, shifting closer to me. Comfortably I placed my arm over his body and moved towards him.

"Me neither." I whispered, closing my eyes and drifting off.