A Master Plan

A/N: ANNDDD WE'RE BACK TO POV's :) BTW THIS IS A LONGGG CHAPTER.

Amara's POV:

I'm on a plane. I haven't been on a plan in over three months.

As I gaze out the window, I silently wave goodbye to the little state of Connecticut. I don't think I ever expected this day to come. I can't say I'm sad to go though, and although I am on a plane with Karlie, and Maxine's signature, I'm not out of the woods yet.

I lean into Karlie's arms and she sleepily strokes my hair while I think of the events of today. All it took was a master plan and a whole lot of luck. Maxine probably still has no idea that I'm gone. Closing my eyes the flashback starts and I revisit the events of the day.

Flashback to 3 hours ago:

About ten minutes after Pippa left, I was surfing the web and I received a pop up message from her. The contents were simply unbelievable:

Amy,

Found Karlie, try to get out, meet you in the back of the gym.

Pippa

I had no idea what was going on, but I quickly deleted the message and started a master plan of my own. Clicking pause on my "Calculus, a history" lesson, I pulled out a piece of white paper. Checking to make sure that Maxine wasn't looking, I scribbled a note of my own on the sheet:

I hereby disown custody of Amara Patel and ensure that any care provided to her father will not be withdrawn. I also terminate Taylor's contract. This document is true and final and I fully affirm to this statement.

x________________________________

It was a nerve wracking feeling. With my little note would I be able to trick one of the most cunning and conniving CIA agents?

Well I had my chance and I surely wasn't going down without a fight.

Sneakily, I reached across my desk and grabbed the passes off the teacher's desk. Passes are the only way in this school to get to the library, and it fit perfectly to my plan that they were index card shaped.

A/N What the passes look like:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I LIBRARY PASS Date_______ I

I Teacher Signature x_____________________ I

I ___________________________________________________ I

Taking a glue stick and scissors from my schoolbag, I gently set the items on my desk before ripping two index card shaped paper passes from the pad. Using my scissors, I cut out the signature section of the first pass and carefully folded my note so that the signature spot on my note was right where the piece I'd cut out had been. Using the glue stick, I lightly applied glue to the front and back corners of my note. When I was done, it looked like an actual pass, but in reality it technically wasn't. I had glued the pass with the signature part cut out to the top of my note, and the other pass to the bottom of my note. I could only hope it passed off to Maxine as a real library pass.

I take a deep breath and get up off my chair. Holding the "pass", I quickly ask Maxine if I may go to the library to finish my Calculus Homework, and sighing, she shoots me a look of annoyance and pulls out a pen. She doesn't even check the pass, she just signs it and has a bodyguard walk me to the library. I legit almost faint in happiness. Once I finally get to the library, I quickly peel off the top and bottom pass, and what remains is the note with her signature on it. I scan over the note and smile:

I hereby disown custody of Amara Patel and ensure that any care provided to her father will not be withdrawn. I also terminate Taylor's contract. This document is true and final and I fully affirm to this statement.

x_________MAXINE________

I basically tricked her into signing the note!! there's one problem solved. I see the bodyguard eyeing me uneasily and I take the time to give him my best Bambi eyes.

"Please can I go to the bathroom? I reallllly have to go"

He says to make it quick, and then I'm off. Pulling my laptop out, I tell Pippa I've arrived, and five minutes later, she arrives at the back of the gym breathless.

"Amara! I did it! Karlie will be done in five minutes and she said to wait in the car. You have all your stuff right?"

We both look around uneasily as to make sure we aren't being followed, before I nod, and Pippa escorts me out the gym door to the parking lot. Finally, we make it to Karlie's car. I sneak into the backseat before Pippa tells me that she needs to go. Looking up at my friend, I hold back tears as I give her a tight hug. As much as I hated it here, I'll miss her so so so much. She was honestly my first real friend. Pippa breaks the hug first before telling me that she needs to get back to the auditorium before they notice she's gone. As I look at her in worry, she checks her laptop and assures me that Karlie's speech will be done in five minutes.

Karlie will be here in five minutes.

Tears well up in my eyes. I never thought I was going to be able to see her again. Pippa shoots me one last goodbye and then I'm alone. I curl up in the backseat of the Range Rover terrified. Every little sound makes me think that Maxine is coming to get me.

I hear Karlie before I see her. Smiling, I listen to her talk in her St.Louis drawl. As she nears the car, I hear the door open, and she sits in the passenger seat. It's taking all my self control not to freak out. She shuts her door and locks it before gazing out the front window of the car. Without making eye contact she starts to speak.

"Amara. We're breaking you out. You're going to give me directions to your foster home, we're going to get the rest of your stuff, and we'll be on a plane back to Nashville in an hour before the crazy CIA lady notices that you're missing".

Finally she straps in her seat belt and turns her head around. I'm met with soft green eyes and wispy brown hair.

"I've missed you so much kiddo..and Taylor has too".

I hear her sniffle and I tell her I've missed her more. Turning the car out of the parking lot, we speed down the highway to Mark and Diane's. They both are at work, so it's fairly easy to get in and out. Grabbing my suitcase, I stuff it with my clothes and then head to my dresser drawer. Lifting up a sweatshirt, I pull out a green (now filled) notebook and the picture and cradle the items against my chest before running out to the car. Karlie helps me put the suitcase in the trunk before I dart back into the house.

Heading to the office, I pull out the note that Maxine signed and make copies of it before mailing one to Maxine herself. I need to make sure all my bases are covered.

When we finally pull up to the Airport Tarmac I'm happier then ever, yet I've never been more scared. It's only after the plane has took off that I'm more relaxed. I can't believe it... I'm going home.

-------------FLASHBACK OVER------------------

I wake up to Karlie gently shaking me awake. We made it to Nashville. We. Made. It.

Squealing in excitement, I run off the plane and almost break down in tears, because standing there on the tarmac is my most favorite person in the world. I'm Home.

A/N: Hey you guys :) Amara's back in Nashville!! but will Maxine really let her go that easily?

I love you guys so much and thank you so much for your continuous support.

5+ Votes for the next part?

And as always, if you didn't understand something drop me a comment and I'll explain it out :)

+R+