Chapter 6 -- Frappé

Start from the beginning

I said softly, trying not to rile her up any further "Yeah and I only discovered it recently so I came back"

"Then, You need to tell him!" She was just as upset. She had to take a drink of water, hoping to calm her nerves.

Recomposing myself, I said "How would I even start? He wont even listen!"

"Make him listen!" She argued mixing the ingredients on the bowl. Taking a deep breath, Elaine added, "Nik, you might want to think about talking to Travis. He's angry at you for the way you left him, but we all know he loves you. Maybe you can get through to him."

A stunned silence overcame me. I stuttered, "I... I don't know. He probably hates my guts after... after..." I shrugged unable to continue whatever I was ought to say "Maybe I'm denying the sad fact that Travis was just the type of boyfriend God gives you young, so I'll know loss for the rest of my life."

Seeing my distress, Elaine turned her face to me and murmured "Oh stop it you! Stop thinking Travis' The one that got away and besides, Happiness is a choice. Things in life make it difficult, but at the end of the day you control your own happiness and you can't blame yourself for trying"

I cleared my throat though I didn't speak as I helped in adding the cucumbers to the rest of the already chopped vegetables then poured in Italian dressing and stirred.

"So.. What now?" I asked after a long doubtful sigh

And then like a weird maniac Elaine was, She turned around with that really wide Cheshire grin on her face "I have an idea!"

Elaine laughed and I could only smile because there was something in the strain evident in her face that somehow made me a little nervous.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The empire building of the Quiñones was humongous. It is a building of a 75-story skyscraper located in Midtown Makati. Overall, the Building is generally thought of as a Philippine cultural icon throughout the year. The building is owned mainly by the Quiñones but aside from that, there are also, from what I've heard from Elaine herself, 1200 investors in Quiñones Land, Inc and Quiñones corporation as a whole

"What am I doing here? This is wrong. I should go." But no matter how I tried to rationalize to myself what I was doing there, I couldn't take her mind off the task that lay before me. This was wrong but I just had to see; I just had to find out what it was like.

I approached his office door, shaking with a mix of fear and excitement. Could I really do this? I had to know; so I would do this.

"You said you are going up to see Mr. Travis Quiñones?" A woman with her reading glasses sitting on her nose said, raising her brow at me as she did. Judging by her looks, I could tell that she's about in the mid-thirties

"Yeah. I'm his friend."

She closed her log book and quickly looked up at me "Ah ah ah," She warned, pulling a pen out of thin air to plant against my angular jaw and wagging her pointer finger in my face with her other hand.

"Alam niya bang pupunta ka? I couldn't see you on my list. He didn't leave a message expecting you so I couldn't let you in."

My clear dark pools were glaring at her, warranted she deserved it after greeting me with a cold left then a knee to the gut. "Oh come on. It's an emergency"

"Sure. A booty call is always an emergency" With what she said, I turned red in the face

"Listen Lady, Sir Travis is a very busy man. He has been on a meeting for three straight hours now and I'm sure by the time he gets out of that door" She pointed out to the huge brown shiny wooden door on the far left "He'll be starved."