The Garden

You need some context for this. Someone I knew once had sadly been taken by cancer and it was around this time I wrote this story. Also, I am a Christian, so please bare that in mind at the end, and if you are not, do not let it ruin the thoughts that this idea gives you.

Thank you so very much for taking the time to read this. All of this. 

I dearly hope you have enjoyed it! 

****

I have a garden. It's not a normal garden, like you would see at the back of a house, and it certainly doesn't contain any drying laundry. It's a memory garden.

The Memory Garden.

It only contains good memories, each represented by a flower, with its own small patch of green.

There are deep purple flowers, like one for the first girl I ever loved. Well, that's a bit like Hollywood: over dramatic. The first girl I ever fancied. Yup, that's more like it.

There are ocean blues, like the tall, proud flower for my best drama group. It has flecks of rainbow in each petal, reminding me of all the fabulous times I had there. Every time I see it, I break out in a smile.

There are shining yellows, lush greens, fiery reds, beacons of white and even the swallowing black.

I love walking through the colourful explosion, the sun shining and picking up the glint of the petals. Yes, I remember the bad moments, the things I regret, but they are nothing compared to the intense colour of good memories.

There is one plant, one flower, which is struggling to grow. So many regrets have passed, and do pass, as dark colours over the little bud. All this dark was what stopped me from seeing the true colour of the plant, but, something has now changed.

Last night, for what reason I hold no knowledge of, I suddenly started to remember the good acquainted with that flower. I remembered smiles, laughs, parties, games, siblings. I remembered the good hidden behind the bad. Though I will never try to go back to the good, for fear of the bad, I smiled. And I was happy. So, the bud started growing a bit more. Nothing could get between me and the ultimate beauty that is memories.

That is life.

There are some flowers in the garden which are strong. They are life memories. People, living on in the heart. By their flower is a plaque which simply reads their name. A memorial to their life.

Hopefully now they are in the flowery fields of heaven, blessed with God's ultimate gift.

A blessing of Love.