Chapter Nine

Liam’s P.O.V

My hands wrapped round his waist pulling my head tightly onto his shoulder. I breathed in his sent dazing the view of the ducks swimming around the pond with their little ducklings.

“Li?” Harry nudged my shoulder turning around so he was facing me.

“Yeah Haz?”

“Aren’t they just adorable?” he asked turning around pointing to the happy family swimming their way along the pond “I mean just look at how protective the mummy duck is over her babies”

His voice softens like a five year old would. “Yeah it is, she loves her ducklings so much that she wouldn’t let anything hurt them” I breathed feeling horrible, if only I could have done that.

“Yeah, and I love you so much that I wouldn’t let anyone hurt you” he said peaking my lips with his. I wanted so badly to say that back to him, to hold him tight and tell him that I would never let anything hurt him. But unfortunately I can’t since I’ve already caused the boy so much pain.

“Haz I love you too, but unfortunately I’ve already hurt you so I can’t say the same” he fumbled with the hem of my shirt lifting his head into my neck.

“Don’t say that Li, you haven’t and I know you’ll protect me no matter what, right?”

“Right, you’re my baby duckling” he eyes grew strong at those words that left my lips. Now that’s one thing I can do from now, I will protect him if my life depends on it. Even no I don’t know how long I can protect him for.

“What the matter, Li?” he asked as he must of seen the change in my mood.

“I think it’s time we better leave, I mean we have a concert in a couple of hours and I bet the lads are going crazy of where we are” I lied, I don’t want to talk about it so it’s better if I just say that and it’s kind of true I don’t want to leave this place I love it my- no it Harry and my pace now. No one else but ours.

“Oh” his lips twisted “I don’t want to leave this place, its beautiful”

“Me either love, but we have to go” I pulled him up for a piggy back he happily jumped on rapping his arms around my shoulders with his face pressed in my shoulder. “How about tomorrow I take you out somewhere special? I have other places up my sleeve, not just this place”

He kissed my neck whispering “I would like that” in my ear sending shivers down my spine.

I carried him on my back the whole way back to the bus, when we suddenly got closer I could start to feel him tense.

“Harry you okay love? You seem very tense”

“Zayn” those words made my stomach crawl I didn’t like that at all.

“Baby don’t worry, I’ve already planned on what I’m going to do” I did have it all planed out in my head of what I’m going to say to him, how I going to break it off I thought long and hard and I proud of it.