Chapter Thirteen.....Peer pressure

Start from the beginning

     Still swinging high above with air gushing against my face then against my back, I closed my eyes and asked him, "and what's that?"

     He smiled, "our friendship." My grip on the handle of the swings tightened and the air didn't feel as great as before. Guilt overwhelmed me again. "You know, me and my brother discussed about this since it was like breaking the rules to be making friends seeming we don't trust anyone. We're very cynical, you see. We've been through so much hard times. He told me 'she can't be trusted!'"

     I smiled sadly at Hassan. He was chuckling as he immitates his brother's voice. Although it was darn funny, my heart felt too heavy to laugh. "And what did you say?" My swinging already coming to a stop, my body tensing up.

     "I told him I didn't care. That I still trust you regardless." He smiled as if proudly and it hurts me deeper. I can't hold on to this anymore. I must let this all out. I would rather be dangered then be driven mad by guilt.

     "Your brothers right. I'm better off not trusted."

     "Relax Sakinah. Let the past be past," he chuckled, "it's not like you would be that stupid enough to my trust and promise twice. I'm sure you of all people would have learned your lesson ESPECIALLY after what you've been through just from breaking the first one."

     "I WOULD break your promise TWICE- EVEN after all I've been through from  breaking it the first time."

     Hassan looked confused and turned to look at me, "what? Then simply don't."

     "DON'T?! But I already DID."

     "W-What the hell?"

     I jumped off the swings and move a few steps away from him. My hand right in front of my face in defensive mode. "NOOO. It's not my fault! I've WARNED you. I told you I can't be trusted, didn't I? But you INSISTED on being friends. So technically, it wasn't my fault!"

     "Huh?" Hassan seemed really confused and stood up from his seat not understanding why I moved away.  

     "Okay okay, I'm sorry! My fault, my fault. You can't hurt me, I'm GUILTY!" Wait... did I get that wrong?

     Hassan arched his eyebrow. His head tilted to the side. "Did you mean INNOCENT or guilty?"

     "I meant innocent. A little bit guilty. Okay fine BOTH." 

     "Sakinah. You are not making sense. Please be clear with whatever you are trying to say. You are giving me a painful headache here." Hassan moved a step closer and I freaked out and ran to the opposite side of him from the playground. It was like a game of cat and mouse.

     "NOOOO!! Okay, okay! Just don't kill me alright? I think Ahraqah and your brother is right; we should stop being friends after all. I'm telling you, my mouth is CURSED! I just am NOT good at keeping secrets; I can't help it!"

     "Sakinah. You are acting way off right now." He walked three steps towards me and again I freaked out. He's gonna kill me. He's gonna kill me! His eyes will turned black again then a woman's voice will come out. She's gonna kill me!!

     I hid behind the pole. "No, no, NO! BREATHE! Hassan you NEED to CALM down. You must NOT get MAD. Otherwise, Ahraqah will POSSES you once more...and...and KILL me. Just, just...think gardens a-and flowers and birds! Don't freak out, your mind needs to settle down..."

     "SAKINAH. Your'e the one who's hyperventilating. You need to calm down one moment before you talk. THAT'S ENOUGH; let me finish first. No, no buts. Just...relax! I won't kill you. Why would you even think that? I will never dream of laying a hand on you." He made the hand gesture to tell me to calm down.