Jeong Inseong - KNK

This story goes out to : MonicaMochi

Inspired by the song 'Toy' Block B! Definitely check out the song and music video when you can :)

===

Look at him. He's cute and all, but ugh.

I mean, how else could you describe some crackerjack who constantly plays with the hearts of, well, anyone unfortunate enough to fall for him.

So yeah. He was the cool kid, you were the not-as-cool kid. There was a correlation between you two though : he liked to bother you... of all people...

Now, you're probably thinking that it's just another one of those stories about how he bullies you but at the end you find out that he bullied you because he likes you and never actually meant to hurt you. But no, this story is kind of different. And honestly, how does that plot even work?

Anyways, his way of bothering you was more like a, "hey (y/n), can I have a bite of your food?" and "hey (y/n), can copy your homework?" sort of thing instead of pummeling you everyday with fists and harsh words. Presumably the harshest thing he had ever said to you was, "you're an idiot."

And that was because you didn't believe him when he told you he liked you. Remember, he was the cool kid in school, so it would be bound to happen that a bunch of people would fawn over him as if he were a descendant of royalty. But then again, he could be, but that's not the point.

The point was, he had broken some hearts before. Cruelly, too. He would just ignore his fans' confessions and if he got letters in his locker, he wouldn't even bother reading them before tossing them into the bin. So yeah, that was the bad boy part of Inseong, that for some odd reason, people just couldn't get enough of.

And here's just one more thing to make things more interesting. He liked leaving things in your locker. Typical and cheesy, but he was trying to tell you a message that you've decided not to listen to. And out of all the lovely people in the school, he had to pick you.

Again, typical and cheesy but hey, everyone needs a cheesy, fluffy story in their lives :D

So there was this one day you headed to you desk in your usual fashion to find a little piece of paper with some writing on it. 'Lunchtime, rooftop' it said. And just because, you recognised the handwriting to be Inseong's, leading you to not wanting to go to the rooftop during lunchtime.

And just before the teacher came in, you threw the little piece of paper into the bin. Like how Inseong would had it been a letter from one of his admirers, but at least you read it before tossing it.

During class, you were paying attention as usual to the teacher, when the person next to you tapped your shoulder. You look to them to see a folded bit of paper in their outstretched hand, which you take before the teacher caught you two. You open it and yet again, recognise Inseong's unattractive handwriting.

'Did you even read my note?'

You rolled your eyes before scribbling, 'yes, and I'm busy during lunch' and tapped the person's shoulder to pass them the paper. You follow the route the paper was taking and soon enough, it ends up at Inseong's desk, where he tears out a new piece of paper to scribble on before it makes its journey back to you

'Well that's sad :( I was gonna tell you something important.'

You roll your eyes again and write, 'as if anything from you is considered important other than yourself.' You pass the paper again and try your best to concentrate on what the teacher was babbling about.

And yet again, you get another note from the same crackerjack saying, 'I'm serious. Look, if you can, just be there?'

'No.'

And that was the last note you were able to pass around before a couple of innocent students got caught trying to pass Inseong's next note to you. As much as you felt sorry for them and wanted to apologise, you were kind of glad you didn't have to roll your eyes at Inseong's ugly handwriting again.

And because you're in school, the bell goes of and naturally, everyone scurries out of their classes to presumably not be late for their next class. But when you wanted to exit the classroom, a great big grumpy giant - I mean, Inseong... - was standing in the doorway. You tried to swiftly maneuver you way around him, but his large frame and swifter estimates were making it rather difficult for you to actually fit through the doorway without contorting your body.

"What do you want, Inseong?"

"To ask you on a date!"

"And this is what? The third time you've asked me this week? The tenth time since the beginning of the month?"

"And that shows how serious I am about going on a date with you. Why won't you accept me, (y/n)?"

And you go on to ramble about the unsavory way he has treated people who actually like him and that he only wanted to go out with you for his own amusement. Then you went on to tell him how he shouldn't be treating other people like they were toys because, well, they weren't.

By now, he was leaning against the frame of the door and when you had ended your little speech, he let out a chuckle. He then shook his head and soon brought his hands to your shoulders.

"Isn't it obvious (y/n)? That I'm not interested in other people, only you. I mean, how else was I supposed to tell those fans that I was not willing to date them?"

"I don't know, nicely?"

"Then I would really be playing with them, don't you think?" Well great job Inseong, you've just managed to make the least amount sense I've ever heard. Anyways, lets move on :D

"And besides, I'm not toying with you. I promise (y/n), I'm being absolutely honest here!"

[~So what does one actually say in a predicament like such? And tbh, I like Inseong, and this is probably very different from his real life self, so I apologise if this really doesn't match the fluffy thing he is. And lowkey, what's a bias in KNK XD Till the next time I write~]

Kat