Kim Taehyung [V] - BTS

You let out an exhausted sigh as you slammed the door of your apartment closed and tossed your bag on the coffee table. Life just didn't seem to want to be your friend nowadays. You've always been told the you weren't the only one, but that bullcrap wasn't really helping you this moment.

You flopped yourself onto the couch and started sobbing. "Why me?" you whispered to no one in particular. Tears started falling and it felt like nothing could stop them now. Heck, why hold them back?

You let them fall. You felt like doing the same with your life. You couldn't be bothered to wipe them away. The sniffling came in shortly and you had a full on crying session.

Your phone started ringing. You were in absolutely no condition to meet anyone, or chat for that matter. You didn't toss your phone though. Instead, you let the ringing die down, but didn't touch it.

Immediately after, it rings again. This was getting on your nerves, but you still didn't touch your phone. The ringing still dies down, and you get back to crying your eyes out.

Your phone rings for the third time. You had enough. You took your phone and stood up. Now, wait a minute. You were hesitating. You wanted to toss it across the room and go all Hulk on you apartment, but you thought about it.

'Would it really be worth destroying my apartment?' 'Would it really be worth paying for repairs on my phone?' 'What if I had to get a new phone?' Thoughts cluttered your mind as you tried telling your body to make up its mind.

Nope. Nothing. You end up collapsing onto your couch and begun crying again. You put your phone back on the coffee table. Almost nothing was worth it. You thought nothing was worth the rage you held.

You dragged your sadness for a good hour or so. This was definitely a waste of time and productivity, but you felt helpless.

Out of the blue, you hear your doorbell ring. At first, you couldn't give a damn. Until the person ringing the doorbell probably had a spasm, since they started pushing it frantically.

You gave up. Before answering, you checked your reflection on your phone. Gosh. You were a mess. But heck. If this person truly wanted to see you, they better not run away.

You opened the door. At first, you saw nobody. It was when you tilted your head downwards that you saw a boy clutching his knees and panting rather heavily.

"Taehyung?" you recognised his figure. He puts his hands on his back and straightens it, allowing you to confirm his identity. "Did you run here?" you question. He nods.

You let him into your place and sat him on the sofa. You got him a glass of water, which he gulped down.

"Yah, (y/n). Why haven't you been answering your phone?" he inquiries after putting the glass down. You shrug. Seems that while you were crying your eyes out, none of your senses worked.

He spots your phone on the coffee table and turns it on. He sighs and clicks his tongue before showing you the screen.

7 missed calls, from (his nickname)
18 new messages, from (his nickname)

He puts your phone back on the coffee table and parts the seat next to him. Knowing what he wanted, you sat there. He puts an arm around your shoulders and holds you gently. You were holding back tears. How long has it been since someone last held you so comfortably?

"What's wrong?" he asks. Tears swelled your eyes as you let out a deep sigh. You shake your head and bit your lip.

He didn't say a word. Instead, he places a hand on your temple, slowly lowering your head so that it rested on his shoulder.

It was in his arms where you felt most comfy. It felt like the warm, familiar feeling of home. Not somewhere you live to survive, but somewhere you could trust your heart. Somewhere you could refer to for happy, innocent memories when todays felt cold and blue.

You stated sobbing once more, burying your face into his chest and letting your tears roll down your cheeks helplessly. He stayed silent, but kept his arms around you like a barrier against all evil. He wanted to protect you at all costs. He wished he could.

You see, this was the role of a best friend. Yup, you read it right. Best Friend. Since ages ago. Okay fine. Since kindergarten.

He fell for you first. In attempts for you to notice this, he stayed by your side. He always did. Even while others abused and abandoned you through vicious rumours, he remained, to prove that there was no such thing as a demon called you. He was practically your guardian angel throughout your life.

Naturally, you fell for his charm. His weirdness and quirkiness made you smile while your world crumbled. Even after that, he helped you rebuild it, brick by brick. His attention and good intentions lead to a happier road, compared to the dirt of the past.

He wanted to continue protecting you. He wanted to make you his only to protect. The relationship between you two now wasn't making that very easy though.

He was going to confess.

That was, until you didn't answer his calls or messages. It worried him. So much, that he ran to your place just to make sure you were alright.

Apparently, you weren't.

And here you two were. You sobbing into his chest while he held you. Looks like any form of confessions will be stored for another day.

But who said the love will?

[~I'm back! I missed the ability to write freely.

And look how I come back. I can be depressing when I want to be. I've even been called emo a couple times thanks to this attitude.

Well, I hope for your days to not be as depressing as my own :) I mean, you really don't want to be as depressing as me. Till the next time I write~]

Kat

P.S - thank you for more than 2k reads :D it really means a lot when I find out people are actually reading the stuff I write :)