Heo Jun - MadTown

Heo Jun was in class, taking down notes and listening to the teacher. He had nothing else to do, since you weren't present that day.

Well, not present in class, that is.

Don't worry, you weren't skipping class. You would never skip class. You were at the counsellor's office.

Why? For reasons only you and the counsellor knew. They were 'private and confidential' to the rest of the world, including Heo Jun.

"Everything is going to be alright, understand (y/n)?" the counsellor reassured for the thousandth time. You nodded your head, but the sentence never actually made you feel reassured.

The counsellor wrote an excuse slip and passed it to you before letting you out of the room. You had your friends to' thank' for sending you there, since they couldn't seem to figure out your issues.

You dragged your feet back to class, each step getting heavier for some odd reason. You haven't been feeling like your usual self these pass few days, and you weren't really enjoying the sudden cloak of depression that was covering you.

As you set a foot into class, the bell goes off. You hear the familiar scrambling of students, scurrying to get out of school. They rush past you like wind, no one bothering to ask how you were, or even notice you.

When you finally enter the classroom, you spot Heo Jun still packing his bag. You knew he was slow on purpose - so that he could wait for you.

"Teacher marked you as 'truant'," he said as he placed his books in his bag one by one. You threw your bag on the desk and took the seat in front of him, listening to his story of how the girls in your class convinced the teacher - and everyone, actually - that you were playing truant, even though Heo Jun tried to defend you.

Tears were starting to form. It seemed like nothing had been going right for a good while. You couldn't pin-point precisely when it started, neither could you determine exactly when it would end. Or rather, whether it would end...

Heo Jun could sense you were having that 'phase'. The phase when you felt like the world was against you. He didn't blame you for it. In fact, you could say it was his time to prove why he was your boyfriend.

Besides, someone had to coax you out of that 'phase'.

After finally packing his bag fully, he got up, took your wrist in his hand and pulled you into a warming hug. You buried your face in his school blazer while he rubbed your back.

"Get your bag," he instructed softly, "we're going on a little trip."

You grabbed your bag and the both of you leave the classroom, his arm around your shoulders like a barrier against all evil. You appreciated that protective vibe he gave off. That sense of security that made you feel safe inside.

He brought you to a familiar classroom, though one that wasn't your homeroom. It was the music room, since you enjoyed music class.

After turning on the amenities, he sat you down at one of the desks. "It might get a little chilly, so keep this on," he said before wrapping his blazer around you. He wasn't joking. Though you could've just gotten up and lowered the temperature, you didn't.

Because first off, you both knew the air-conditioner was a little whacky, so that was no use. Secondly, you knew he was doing his best to comfort you. Since you knew it wouldn't be convenient for him to cuddle you while doing what he was about to do, this was the next best thing.

When the air felt colder, you tugged the blazer around yourself tighter. Sure it was 'a little' big, but it felt cozy. Free from harm. His scent made you feel intact, like you actually felt sane, for that one moment.

He made his way to the piano and rolled up his sleeves. How was he not cold?

He sat down and stretched before placing his fingers on the keys. The melody of (your song) filled the classroom. Heo Jun's translation of the song through his piano playing sounding even better than the original.

As if that wasn't enough to thaw your heart, however. His sweet voice was soon to accompany the piano, making you feel even worse for bottling your emotions over the past days.

Tears began falling. Sniffles followed shortly. You couldn't tell which was background music ; Heo Jun's musical ability, or your softer sobs of regret.

He knew you were crying. But he couldn't stop now. Not when he knew the music was like a corkscrew to let out your true feelings. He knew it would've worked, but he hadn't confirmed how well it worked, until he tried it with you.

Time flew as he played and sung. Soon, the song was over and you were a crying mess, still tearful and it wasn't like it was going to end in the next minute.

But he didn't mind. He got up and walked over to you, pulling a chair to sit on. You felt a hand on your back, moving its way to your shoulder, where Heo Jun started squeezing it, in the hopes of making you feel better.

He didn't say anything. It was just your sniffles that could be heard throughout the room. He didn't mind any of this at all. Sure, there were a thousand and one more ways to spend his time, but he decided to use it on you. For you. With you.

Saying that he 'knew' is probably a little simple. I guess a better to use word would be : understood.

[~Hello! I'm sorry for the abrupt ending DX and for the 'eternity' long hiatus. I'm on school holidays now, meaning I'm probs gonna be lazier XD But yeah. I will update more often :1

Plus, check out my Open Diary please :) I'll be having a little autobiography to celebrate 5k reads! Thank you and have a great day. Till the next time I write~]

Kat