12; brendon

I woke up with Cassidy curled up beside me. A smile tugged at my lips before I leaned in and pecked her on the forehead. I stood up and wiggled my toes in her carpet before getting clothes from my bag and going into the bathroom. Today's the day we meet Pete. We changed it from a lunch to a dinner, because it was easier. I couldn't stop thinking about it. I really hope it goes well, I think we all need this. Especially Ryan, because his dad is forcing him to go to college for something he doesn't want to do unless he gets a stable job. I'd say this is a pretty stable one. My foot hit the cold ceramic tiles and I shut the door behind me, turning the lock. I took a deep breath and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair looked like a rats nest and my eyes had bags under them, probably from the fact I didn't sleep until two A.M. I started to get out of my clothes and change into my normal ones, and I quickly brushed my teeth too. I walked back to Cassidy's room to see her sitting there, rubbing her eyes.

"Hey." I smiled and kissed her. She smiled against my lips and I pulled away.

"Hiya." she stood up and hugged me. I pulled apart and put my dirty clothes into my backpack and sat down on her bed. "I'm gonna change." she said and I nodded. I left the room and closed the door behind me, sitting against the wall. We had an agreement, since neither of us were very fond of our bodies that we don't watch each other change. It sounds weird for a couple, but we're more comfortable this way. The door opened and I went back in, sitting down on the bed again. I watched as she brushed her long hair, getting all the tangles out. She giggled, "What?"

I smiled and shrugged, "You're just so pretty." I said. She blushed and put her brush down and came over to the bed, sitting next to me.

"Are you ready for tonight?" she asked. I sighed. Am I ready? I nodded. I think so. She smiled. "Good. Do you want to go to iHop for breakfast?" she asked.

"Sure." I smiled and I sat up, grabbing her hand. She put socks on swiftly and we walked down stairs. Her parents were already at work, so we locked the door behind us and walked out to my car. I opened the door for her, as always. I got in the other side and I started the car before pulling out. Cassidy fiddled around with the radio while I was focused on the road.

"Yessssss!" she said, and turned up the volume. Of course, it was Fall Out Boy. I laughed,

"Emo." she seemed offended in every single way and gasped,

"Fall Out Boy is not emo!" she retorted.

"You literally just met Pete, did you see his hair?" I asked, tapping my fingers on the steering wheel and turning on my blinker as we turned onto another road.

"Whatever." she said, fighting a smile. I grinned and hummed to the song, whereas Cassidy was singing her heart out.

I pulled into the parking lot and got my wallet before we went inside. I was hit with the instant smell of pancakes and syrup. Hoo boy did I love that smell. A hostess greeted us and brought us to a table. We had a perfect view of the highway. Note sarcasm. I lifted my menu up, scanning it over, when I noticed Cassidy hadn't even opened hers, and was looking mindlessly around the restaurant.

"Whatcha doin'?" I asked. She snapped out of her haze.

"Oh, I order the same thing every time." she said. I laughed,

"No adventure for you, huh?" I teased. She rolled her eyes and smiled. I reached over and held her hand, placing my menu down. A waiter came over and we placed our order. I just stared at the beauty that sat in front of me. She still looked around the restaurant but then turned to look at me. A smile widened her lips and she leaned in, giving me a quick kiss. I rubbed circles on the back of her hand with my thumb. I really do love her. Everything about her. Her hair, her face, her attitude, her taste in music, her sarcasm, her voice, everything. I hope I know her as long as possible, even if that means we aren't dating, I still want to be friends with her, 'cause damn. She's great. I wish she'd come to the dinner with Pete but she refused. She would probably calm my nervousness, and help me out but that's okay. I'll figure it out. I got this.