9: A Woman Scorned...

Breann
:

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. There is nothing more unpleasant than woman when she is on her last nerve, pushed pass her breaking point, when she is fully feed up of all the bullshit that her life can throw at her. My momma used to say that all the time before divorcing my dad, now I knew exactly what she meant. Women are tough that's for damn sure, but we can only take so much. All I needed was one last push, one last slap, and all hell was about to break loose. It was time for Joe to finally feel the pain the he had put me through for so long.

I could still feel the sting of the blow on my face as I stood there listening to him talk down to me, "You betta believe this, yo ass ain't shit without me. You need to learn your place and stay the hell in it you weak ass bitch! I should have never married you in the first damn place, you're beneath me! And you wonder why I always hit you? To get you right in your place...I can do way better than you!"

Usually that would have broke me, tore me down and left me crazy like I was weak, but the weak bitch I was going to be no more. He would have to eat those words...When he realized I wasn't going to respond quickly, he decided to continue his rant, "Breann, I know you hear me speaking to you. Who the hell do you think you are having some weak ass nigga put his hands on me? Hey, I'm talking to you bitch..." He reached towards me and grabbed my right arm, which was the straw the broke the camel's back.

Before I knew it my free hand shot right towards his Adam's apple, causing him to drop my arm and begin to choke. When I saw that he was weak in a crouching position, I went right towards his face with my foot. Kicking him right in his nose so hard that he flew backwards, with his arms flying, breaking his fall with his back on the floor. It was almost like the Matrix up in here! I stood over him as he lie on the floor, taking my position as the head bitch in charge in my life. Blood began to pour from his nose, down his cheeks to the floor. I watched him as pain started to riddle his face, not feeling an ounce of remorse or sympathy for him. For it wasn't long ago when I was in the very position and he didn't care a lick about my pain.

I stared down and while before speaking, "I'm going to give you two choices right now... You give me the divorce that I want and stay hell out of my life, or I can mash your face in right now making you stay the hell out of my life! Which one would you like?"

If I wasn't in a state of rage and craziness, I would have sworn that Joe let a tear from his eyes, "Fuck you Breann. Take your divorce and all your shit and get out! Don't you ever come running back to me either. Someone will gladly take your place now."

"I don't give a flying two or one fucks about who can take my place! They can have your sorry ass! They'll be another dumb woman if they let you treat them the way you've treated me! Believe this, someone has took your place! All you ever did was ruin me and everyone you came in contact with, including your best friend! I regret the day I even met you! No, I take that back...I don't regret the day I met you because you made me a stronger woman in the end. You'll hear from my lawyer by week's end, have a great life. Maybe you should call your little girlfriend to help you out."

Invincible. Indestructible. Incredible. That's how I was feeling and more altogether. I had finally faced my fear head on and kicked it's ass, my girls would be proud of me. "Oh and I'm taking the keys to your car. Or should I say my car since it's in my name? You be careful now and have a nice life!" I said smiling as I have him the middle finger and walked out the door, promising myself to never fucking return to this place.

Once I slammed the door behind me I literally ran to the car, started it, and sped away as fast as I could. There was only one place I could think of going to, back to my home, where my heart really lives. I needed some traveling buddies though. I pulled over to a gas station to fill up the car and to call up my girls. I decided to dial Monica's number first because I figured Liyah wouldn't be talking to me right now. She answered after one ring, "Breann where the hell are you? I've so worried!"

"I had to take care of my situation, now I'm headed to your place. You should start packing, I need some traveling buddies."

"Traveling buddies? You know I'm always down for a road trip, it's Liyah that needs the convincing to get out of bed. But first, where are going."

"To momma's house, back home to Geogia girl to clear my head of all this bullshit in my life. No matter what I know my momma's door is always open for me to come back."

"I think we all could use a many vacation and I love your momma! I'm down. I will convince Liyah to ride along too."

"She probably hates me after what Joe let that out I'm sure."

"Hell, she should be mad at herself Breann! We always warned her about messing around on Will, but she wouldn't listened. You can't control Joe's outburst either. Anyway, we're friends...we forgive, we forget, we grow up and move it along. I'll see you soon chica!"

"Alright girl, don't forget to pack what you need okay." I smiled before disconnecting the line. It's nothing like going back home. Sure my momma will be disappointed about what has went down with me and Joe, but I'm her baby and my welfare is what's most important. I didn't need to pack a thing, mom always had my things there waiting on me. My stuff from Joe's and I place would stay I'm storage for now until I'm ready for them. After filling up I headed towards Monica and Liyah's. ......

It's time for a change, as long as I got my family and friends, I can survive this. I repeated this to myself over and over again, until I made it to Monica and Liyah's....miles and miles to go to escape my present situation, but I can make it. No, I will make it.