11. Going In Cirles...

BRIAN:

"I'm talking bout' Poetic Justice, Poetic Justice, if I told you that a flower bloomed in a dark room would you trust it? I mean, you need to hear this, love is not just a verb it's you looking in the mirror, love is not just a verb it's you looking for it maybe..."

I couldn't help but bob my head listening to every lyric as it flowed between us. Her smile, that smile was contagious. But this, this right here, this was nothing but Lust.

Kendrick was rapping my language, but was Breann being honest? Anytime I wanted it, whenever I'm ready, I could get it? Get what and at what cost exactly? I know I let this smile spread across my face too damn fast, I hadn't even given myself time to think about what could transpire between us...or what shouldn't.

The smile on my face began to quickly fade as I touched her arm, breaking her daze. She slowly turned to look at me, almost a sense of embarrassment on her face, but she had to hear this..."Breann, you're not ready for me, for us, what this could be. Don't you need time to breathe?" I said waving my finger back and forward between us. "You shouldn't say things you don't mean. I for damn sure don't want to be somebody's rebound. When I'm with someone I want all of them, not a piece that she can only give me because she's too afraid of being hurt."

Instantly, her look of embarrassment turned into that anger and rage, but uncertainty at the same time. "First of all, I say what I mean and mean what I say. How dare you tell me what I'm ready for or not! You don't even know me Brian! I've had a man tell me what I was for far too long, I'll be damned if I let you do the same. Second and last, I thought you were feeling me too, but I guess not. I had no intentions of rebounding with you...but then again you'll never know now will you? You ever thought just for a second that I always wanted to give my all to someone who deserves it?" She literally spat at me.

First thought that crossed my mind...well damn, I guess I should have just let Kendrick rap the words to this conversation. She sure is sexy as hell when she's mad and all fired up though! She almost mad me have second thoughts.

That hope was dashed as I heard the door behind us open and slam shut. Liyah was back. "Dang, don't y'all know it's hot outside. You didn't have to park so far away Breann! Just rude! You know I got these heels on too!" Liyah became quiet as she looked between Breann and I, "What y'all been out here doing anyway? Playing a little hide and seek?" I could hear the smile spreading across her face and her giggle without even looking at her face. My cousin thought she was slick, trying to be matchmaker and all.

I broke my gaze from Breann, facing forward now. I was sure that if I didn't I was going to start undressing her right here and now as our eyes burned into one another, "None of your business big head, I think I'm gonna head on to my moms house. I'll let you ladies have your time together. Breann if you don't mind, I'll show you how to get there. You can just drop me off." She just nodded her head and started the car.

"Well then, I can't wait to see my aunt." Liyah said as she buckled her seatbelt. I couldn't figure out the feeling I had towards Breann now. Lord knows I'm attracted to her, that she turns me on, that I wanted her, but he also knows about her baggage. I don't won't to have to beat Joe's ass every time I want to get close to her. I would if I have to, but it's just not my style to have to fight for a woman when she wants to be mine. I do like a good challenge though.

The ride to my moms house was quiet between us, with the exception of Liyah going on and on about God's know what. You could cut the tension between Breann and I with a knife. Damn, I should have just gave in and enjoyed the ride...but I'm afraid that it wouldn't be there easy.

"Breann, make a right up here on Lincoln, it will be the third house on the left." I said low enough for her to hear me and for her not to be pissed at me for even speaking to her.