12. Chances...

Monica:

Ms. Barbara and I had just finished cleaning up from breakfast when I got a feeling that something wasn't right. Bre and Liyah where still out, so checked on them via text with Liyah earlier. They were fine, but I couldn't figure out what this feeling was.

I think Ms. Barbara could see it on my face as we sat in the living room to watch television, "Monica baby, you okay? You look like something is wrong..."

"Yes ma'am, I just have a feeling you know. Like someone is coming I guess or something is wrong. I don't really know." I said as I sat across from her in a big brown comfy chair.

"Well baby.." She said while grabbing the tv remote before sitting down on her brown love seat, "That's sounds like God may be trying to tell you something. Maybe you...."

She and I both were interrupted by the sound of a loud engine coming to a halt in front of the house. We both looked at each other, "Monica baby, can you get up and check out the window to see who that is? I'm not expecting anyone and that sounds pretty close, like they're in front of the house." She said motioning me towards the front of the house. I rose up immediately from the couch and headed to the window in the front room.

Low and behold, it was the damn devil himself...He hadn't even stepped out of the car, but I knew it could only be Joe Thompson. Looks like Breann may have to cut the trip short, or Joe would. This would be what was causing that bad feeling I'm sure.

Joe began to slowly emerge from the car as I immediately dug in my back jean pocket for my phone. I texted Liyah since I knew Bre would be driving..."hey Liyah you and Bre should take your time getting back here....Joe showed up here at her moms...." her reply, "wth? okay....I'll try stalling her..."

I guess Liyah failed at trying because no later than five minutes, Breann was speeding around the corner, parking right behind Joe's car.

Joe stood there, unflinching to Breann's death stare. The he mouthed something in her direction, causing Breann to storm out from her car. Liyah followed suit, grabbing Breann's hand before it went across Joe's face. No lie, I wanted her to beat his ass! Just not in front of her moms house.

"Monica baby, do you see who it is or no?" If Ms.Barbara hadn't spoke when she did, I would have forgotten she was still in the room and ran outside to help my girl out.

Without even thinking, I answered her, "Yes ma'am, it's Joe. Looks like he came to start of more....I mean..." I slowly turned away from the window to see Ms. Barbara standing right behind me.

Ms. Barbara pushed me out of the way to good a view of Joe through the window. "That son of bitch, excuse my language baby...has some nerve to show his face around here after what he did to my baby and put her through! That's alright I got something for his no good ass!" She stomped up the stairs before I had a chance to even react to her words. Breann's mom was pissed to say the least. Which is probably an easy emotion to feel towards Joe because no one ever really liked his ass anyway.

Turning back around to the window I could now see that both Breann and Liyah were yelling at Joe. That was cue to head outside. I went and stood by my friends' side...."Liyah shut yo ass up talking to me! I don't even know you like that. I ain't Will, you betta not talk to me like...I'll knock your teeth out!"

"Joe you ain't gonna do nothing to me with yo weak ass! You can never be half the man that Will is! And don't bring his name up around me or I'll kick your ass! Believe that! Weak ass punk! If Breann said she doesn't want you around you need to get to stepping!" Liyah yelled back at Joe.

"Why will you kick my ass over him? Will don't want yo ass no more...too much damn mileage on those hips!" Joe said thrusting his hips in her direction. "Now Breann I said get in the damn car so we could go home! If I have to tell you again I'll drag you to the car!"