8: What's Done in the Dark...

Liyah:

3 days earlier...

Knock knock!

"Aye Liyah please tell one of your many men to stop knocking on our damn door this late at night!" Monica said glaring at me from the kitchen as she packed her lunch for work.

"Who you talking about? The only man that I'm in any type of relationship with is Will. None of those other hookups even know where I live. Plus it's not late, it's only nine o'clock." I rolled my eyes at her when another knock came at the door.

"Whoever it is, you're closer so go open the door! Tell your boo to come back at another time." Monica is not the boss of me and I almost told her off, but I just got up and did as I was told.

Another hard knock came from the door as I moved towards it. "Alright, alright, I'm coming hold your damn horses!" When I made it to the door I looked through the peephole to see who it was. When I got a visual of the person my face instantly scrunched up. It was none other than the devil himself, Joe Thompson, Breann's husband. I didn't know why he was here, but I opened the door to see what he wanted.

I had only opened the door slightly before Joe just barged right on in at full speed. "Where is she? Breann let me see you, come on out right fucking now! Where she at?" He yelled as he roamed through ever single room in our apartment. Monica and I were both shocked at what was going on.

"Joe what the hell? Breann ain't here, she hasn't been here in days! Who told you she was here?" Monica said when he finally ran back into the living room. "Yeah and she's your wife, you should know where she's at! What did you do this time to hurt her?" I chimed in.

His eyes were bloodshot red when he turned to face me, I knew this man ain't been crying.."Look Liyah, mind yo' damn business and just tell me where the yell my wife is! I know you and Monica hiding her in here somewhere."

"Hiding? Man this ain't no damn hide and seek! Get out of here with that!" I said.

Monica moved slowly and cautiously out from around the kitchen area before speaking again, "Really Joe, this time we have no idea where she is, we actually haven't seen her in a few days. We haven't heard from her either. I just hope she's okay though."

He looked between the both of us with a face of anger and disgust, "Y'all think this is a fucking game right? Why don't y'all learn how to mind your damn businesses and our marriage wouldn't be fucked up from the get go! Stay the hell out of my business and what's wrong and focus on your own, especially yo cheating ass Liyah!"

No this mofo didn't just call me out! "First of fucking all, we..." I said pointing between Monica and myself, "Are never in your damn business! Breann is our best friends, we were here first and she tells us every damn thing, even when we don't want to hear shit. Your marriage is messed up because of you, not us! And you don't know nothing about my business punk, so don't even try me!" I said putting my hands on my hips.

He turned to only face me now, "Oh you think I don't? Let's not forget that Breann is your friend who can't hold water in a fucking glass, especially from me, and that Will is my best friend. You haven't been faithful to him for some time now correct? Since ol' Andre starting working in the office right? Tell me I'm wrong and I'll drop it...I told Will not to let yo' thirsty ass come visit the office in the first place, but naw since he love you and all he wanted to give you free range!"

I didn't know rather to be shocked or pissed at the moment, but Monica spoke before I could even console my expression, "Damn Liyah! So the mystery sideline is someone Will knows personally? Your ass is foul for that one!" She said while shaking her head at me, "Neither one of y'all two are any good, I'm outta this." She said waking away to her bedroom, slamming the door behind her.