My baby

"Mike." I said softly.

"Baby." He said as he kissed me.

"Mike, you saved me." I cried.

"Yea." He sighed.

"Mike what's wrong?" I asked curiously.

"You were pregnant." He cried.

"No, no, this can't be happening."

"It is Kayla." Mike said softly.

"But that means the baby is-

"Yea." Mike said as I cried loudly.

"No!" I sobbed as he laid next to me. Ashlyn came in with Kevin.

"Kayla." She cried as she held my hand.

"No." I sobbed into Mikes chest. Brice came in. She gave Ashlyn and Kevin the babies. The whole room was silent, no one spoke until the doctor came in.

"Ma'am Dr. Cooper is here."

"Why?" Mike asked.

"Well it may be too early to know for sure that you were pregnant considering you just had children about four weeks ago. Your OBGYN wants to check just to make sure and Dr. Malcov is here too, they'll be in shortly." The nurse said as she left.

"Okay." I sniffled. Best birthday gift ever right? In the hospital and just now realizing I may have lost my baby. All I can do is try to be happy.

"Thanks Brice." I said as she rubbed my shoulder.

"I got you girl." She said as she tried not to cry.

"You guys can I talk alone with my husband?" I asked.

"I'll call Lana and take the babies back to your house." Ashlyn said as they left.

"Thank you." I said as everyone left.

"What's up Kayla?"

"Mike what if I'm still pregnant, and the babies injured."

"I would love them the same."

"Mike I need to be honest with you too."

"About?"

"Well Kyle came by the house the other day"

"Kayla-

"Listen, nothing happened. In fact I asked him to leave, I'm telling you the truth you can ask Lana."

"Okay."

"It was weird that he just came in unannounced."

"Kayla where are you going with this?"

"It's my fault that all this happened."

"Kayla no it's not."

"Yes it is Mike, if I'd just been a better wife from the start, we wouldn't be here." I cried.

"Kayla stop, who's to say he wouldn't have tried to kidnap you anyway." He said as he kissed me. Dr. Copper walked in.

"Sorry to interrupt, but we have some very urgent news for you Makayla."

"No it's fine." I smiled.

"Well the bullet hit your upper abdomen, so you may still be pregnant but, it's a little early to be sure."

"Okay, will you know by my six week check up?" I asked.

"Yes." She said as Dr. Malcov came in.

"Ah Kayla, that brace on your ankle should be ready to come off now and you have about three to four weeks until the cast on your other leg can come off."

"Well anything else."

"Well the bullet hit your diaphragm, they did surgery and you should be doing better but we're going to keep you for a couple days to check for other injuries."

"Okay." I said as both doctors left. Brice walked in.

"Do you want me to leave?" She asked as she crept in.

"No you can stay." I smiled. I might still be pregnant, thank God. I'm a little bit happier.

"So." Brice said curiously.

"I might still be pregnant and I can take my brace off."

"That's good." She smiled.

"Yea, can you make sure Lana has the babies?" I asked as I laid on Mike.

"Yea." She smiled as she left. I went to sleep.

_________________________________

"Kayla, I know this isn't the way you planned or wanted your birthday to go, but happy birthday baby." Mike said as a team of men brought in bouquets of red roses. One of the men brought one rose to Mike. "Thank you." He said as he brought the rose to me.

"Mike." I smiled as I noticed a ring in the rose. Mike took it out and placed it on my finger.

"You're welcomed." Mike said as he kissed me.

"Not so fast." Brice said as she came in with a large covered canvas. Ashlyn and my parents followed her in.

"So I remember when you painted this some time ago, and you never showed anyone but me. You loved it so much but you were afraid of what others would think. Well I got it on a bigger canvas for you."

"You did this." I smiled.

"For you." She smiled as she unveiled my painting.

"I haven't seen this in forever." I said happily as everyone was surprised.

"Wow, Kayla I never knew you were an artist." Ashlyn said.

"Well Kayla we didn't do anything like that but, we got you a beautiful Pandora bracelet."

"Thank you mom and dad." I smiled as Ashlyn gave me a card.

"What's this?" I asked.

"It's four tickets to-

"Orlando." I said as I opened the card.

"Yes so you can take the babies too of course when they're old enough. They expire in about two years."

"Thank you." I smiled.