Memories

Mike never finished telling me what happened in France but I began to remember things little by little. Some good, some bad but mainly bad ones. I remember waking up in the hospital the night I slept with Kyle, but why was in the hospital? I was still in the hospital. I'm leaving tomorrow. Brice stayed with me today because Mike had an emergency at work. Mike seemed so different now so nice, so sweet, so loving.

"Kayla what all do you remember?"

"When I woke up in the hospital in France after we talked."

"Do you remember why you were there?"

"No."

"Do you remember anything else?"

"It's all coming back slowly." I said as I walked to the rocking chair. Brice followed me, to make sure I didn't fall. I sat down in the rocking chair as she got Michelle.

"I think I like her more." She said as she held Michelle.

"Don't you think it's too early to have favorites?" I questioned as she sat next to me.

"Well Michael doesn't take to kindly to me."

"Right now they just want their mommy." I heard the door close. Mike walked to where I was. He tried to kiss my lips but I turned so he'd kiss my cheek.

"I see someone else wants mommy too." Brice said as she gave Michelle to Mike.

"Thank you." He said as he held her.

"Well hello." I said as Brice left.

"You feel any better?" He asked as he sat on the window sill.

"A little, so how was work?"

"Busy." He said as Michelle began to cry. He gave her to me.

"Don't be mean to daddy." I said mockingly. "Oh you're hungry, that's what's wrong with you." I said as I opened my gown to feed Michelle. Mikes eyes followed. He had a hungry look in his eyes as he scanned my body. He looked me in my eyes as he sat closer to me.

"Well I think daddies hungry too." I blushed. Mike suddenly looked away.

"I'm sorry I just-

"It's okay." I laughed as he smiled. Michelle caught on the first try. It still hurt a little to breast feed her. I wasn't used to it yet. Mike stayed with me the rest of the day. I laid Michelle back down and got back in bed.

"Can you get me another blanket, please?"

"Yea." He said as he left. I was tired. I was half way asleep when he returned to tuck me in.

"Goodnight honey." He said as he kissed my forehead. I was asleep. I dreamed that I was in France.

"What Kyle?"

"So are you really leaving with him." He looked me in my eyes as he held my hand.

"I don't have a choice."

"How can you say that!" He snapped.

"I might be pregnant Kyle!" I screamed, he squeezed my hand as he looked me in the eye. His eyes were filled with hope and disappoint. He was going to find out some way or another, and I rather it be now than later.

"Who's the father?" He said as Brice walked in. She walked towards me and laid her hand on my forehead, nodding for me to tell him.

"This is hard for me to tell you but I think it's Mike." His eyes widened and he let go of my hand.

"So this is the end, you know I though I had another chance with you but you choose to be with him, what does he have that I don't, what does he do for you that I don't? I loved you Makayla- he cried.

"Don't do this to me Kyle stop it."

"It was supposed to be us Makayla! I though you would come back to me but I was wrong, I see you've made your decision and it isn't me. Goodbye Makayla." He walked out. I felt my heart fall to the floor, as his words scared my heart. When he said goodbye I felt like someone stabbed me in the back. I felt the tears streaming down my face.

"He was going to find out one day Makayla." She said as she wiped my tears.

I felt Mike shaking me.

"Makayla wake up!" I was awake. I felt the tears streaming down my cheek. Mike wiped them away as I got up.

"He left me." I cried softly.

"Who?" Mike said as he got into bed with me.

"Kyle." As I said his name the memories flooded my mind. He cuddled me in his arms as I sobbed into his chest. I remembered when Mike hit me, when we got home and when my mom walked out of my house.

"It's okay Makayla." He said as he kissed my forehead.

"Mike can you tell me what happened after my mom left my house when we got home?" I said as I lifted my head to look at him.

"So you remember?" He said sadly.

"Yes but if we're still together then we obviously had to come to some kind of compromise."

"Well we talked it out, we talked to like 3 that night. We decided to give each other a chance."

"Really?" I said as I looked into his eyes.

"It's like we pushed a reset button for each other." He said as he stoked my hair. He laid with me the rest of the night. I was thinking, why would he stay knowing what I did? What sane person would stay with me, knowing what I've done.

"Mike?"

"Yes."

"Why'd you stay?"

"Because I love you Makayla. I loved you the whole time but you never gave me a chance."

"I'm sorry." I cried.

"Makayla it's okay."

"No it's-

He kissed me. I closed my eyes as he caressed my face. His other hand was on my waist. The kiss was over before I could enjoy it. I was in a daze, my eyes were still closed. Mike traced his thumb on my lips. My eyes flew open as I stared into his eyes.

"It's okay Makayla." He said breaking my concentration on his face.

"Okay." I said as he pulled me into him.

"Good night Kayla." He said as I rested my head on his chest. I went back to sleep as he placed a kiss on my forehead.

_____________________
100 views omg 😆😆. When I started writing it was just for fun. I never thought anyone would read this, I never put too much thought into it. I'm just so happy, so shocked just so wow.😆😆😆Thank you all so much and please continue reading and check out my other books. It's only because of the readers😘😘. I'm so happy omg you guys are great. I am so grateful. I appreciate it. Just wow I'm still a little shocked😱😱. Wow Lol thank you all. I encourage you to comment, tell me your thoughts or what you think will happen and if I haven't said it enough thank you. Btw follow me.✌🏾️✌🏾
Questions, comments, concerns