Done

I walked out. I didn't know what to do or where to go. I couldn't go to Brice's place, so I went to Kyle's. Did Kyle still live here? I needed to talk to him, so I called.

"Kyle."

"Kayla what do you want?"

"I need to talk to you."

"Ugh, I thought you were done with me."

"Kyle please where are you?"

"I'll text you my address."

"Thank you."

It took me 20 minutes to get there. On my way there I couldn't help but think about Mike and Brice. Why would he be at her house and why wouldn't he tell me? Just when we get in a good place he goes and ruins it. I just don't get it? When I pulled into the drive way, I was a little nervous. He was staying in a little house. It looked very nice and homey. The last time I saw him I told him to leave. I was really hoping he understands. I changed in the car because I only had in my robe. As I went to the door I cried. When I got to the door I rang the doorbell.

"Come in Kayla." He said as I walked in. He walked me to the couch as I sat down.

"Kyle I'm sorry."

"It's fine Kayla." He sighed.

"I really need someone to talk to." I cried.

"And you can't talk to Brice about this?" He asked.

"No, she's apart of it." I sniffled.

"What's going on?" He said as he gave me tissues. I told him everything. He was so upset because I was afraid of Mike. I mean he had a right to be but then again he didn't. He wasn't there for me anymore but that was my fault.

"Kyle didn't hit me again."

"Again? Kayla you're not going back." He barked.

"Kyle-

No Kayla I'm not going to sit back and let you get hurt."

"Kyle I- he kissed me. I melted as his hands grasped my hips. He began to take my clothes off. I need to stop, before this went any farther. I moved his hands and he pulled away.

"Kyle I, I." I stuttered. I can't do this again. No, I wasn't going to don't again. I'm done with Mike and I'm done with Kyle. I'm taking my babies and I'm leaving today.

"Kayla I'm sorry." He sighed.

"Don't be." I said as I put my cloths back on. I wanted him but I'm already in a bad place, I don't want to make it worse.

"Well this is awkward now."

"Yea well I probably should be going." I said as I walked out. As I went to my car I felt so wrong for talking to Kyle, but it's not like we did anything. He tried to kiss me but I stopped him. Nothing else happened so I should be okay. I couldn't go back home, I was afraid of Mike and he was messing around with Brice. I know I shouldn't make that assumption but why wouldn't he tell me what was going on.

As his wife I had a right to know where he was and why he was there. My mind was on overload. I'm sad, confused and upset. I wasn't thinking straight, I don't need to be driving. I was on my way to happy panda when Mike called. I was at a red light as I took my eyes off the road to pick up my phone. I wasn't that far from Kyle's house. As I went to call Mike back the person behind me slammed into me, pushing my car forward into traffic.

As I tried to control the wheel another car hit me, slamming me into a pole. I was unconscious. When I woke up, I was delirious. There was shattered glass everywhere. My door was jammed and my legs where too. I cried as pain shot through my body. I heard Mike on the phone screaming. The fire fighters cut me out of my car and rushed me to the hospital. I was expecting to see Mike when I got here but Kyle was here.

______________________

"Kayla what happened." Kyle asked as he sat next to me.

"I called Mike and I was rear ended, then another car rammed me into a pole." I said. My body was in so much pain. My legs, my arms and I had a growing headache.

"Kayla you should've waited to call him back."

"Ugh, I don't need you to lecture me." As I said that I was thinking about my babies, Mike and Brice. Why weren't they here, if they're even coming.

"Where's Mike and Brice?"

"I called Brice and she's on her way, I presume Mike is too."

"I just want to see my babies." I cried. My mind was still on overload from this morning. Not to mention the excruciating pain I was in.

"Kayla calm down." He said as he kissed my hand. Brice walked in. She was shocked to see Kyle here.

"Kayla I thought we weren't going to do this a again." Brice said quietly.

"And I though my friend was supposed to have her own man." I barked.

"Kayla it's not like that. Let me explain. He was there because he needed help-"

"I don't wanna hear it." I cried. I pushed the call button so the nurse could make her leave. It was just me and Kyle now. He stayed with me the whole time. Mike still hadn't gotten here yet. He's really pushing it now. The nurse came back in to see how much pain I was in periodically.

"On a scale from one to ten how you feeling?"

"Seven."

"I can give you something that'll ease your pain a bit." She went to the iv and put something in it. It eased the pain a little. Now I feel like a fool. I gave him a chance and he goes to Brice.

"Kyle." I cried.

"Kayla stop crying." He said as he laid with me.

"I really thought he loved me, but I was wrong." I said as he wiped my tears.

"Kayla it's okay." He tried to reassure me that everything was okay as he laid next to me.

"No it's not." I sniffled as I turned to him. I was falling for him again, like the first time we met.

"Let me help you" Kyle said as he took some of the boxes I was holding. I really didn't need any help but he took the boxes anyway. He followed me to the multipurpose room.

"Thank you." I said as he placed the boxes on the table.

"No biggie." He smirked as he leaned against the wall. I opened the boxes of party decorations and began setting up. Where was the rest of the committee, they're supposed to be here by now. I can't set all this up by myself.

"Do you need help?" He asked.

"No." I said as I was standing on a chair trying to put up decorations. The chair wasn't sturdy and it began to wobble as I stood on top of it.

"Oh my god!" I screamed as I began to fall. Kyle caught me. My breathing grew sporadic as I looked into his eyes. I put my arms around his neck as he was holding me. It was like the world stopped. For a moment our worlds were combined.

"Okay I ugh I need help." I was stuttering as he put me down. He smiled as I put a strand of loose hair behind my ear. We laughed and talked as he helped me put the rest of the decorations up. The senior steering committee was late, but I'm glad they were.

I remember it like it was yesterday. Senior year in the multipurpose room. The way he looked at me that day, like how he's looking at me right now. I heard the door opening. Kyle got up and sat on the window sill.

"Kayla." Mike said as he walked in and saw Kyle.

_____________________

Questions, comments, concerns