After I was sure I wouldn't get dizzy, I stood up, stretching my arms over my head before letting out a long sigh, running a hand through my hair in an attempt to straighten it out. 

My eyes glanced over the room, and a disappointed feeling came over me as I didn't see Harry in the room. I knew he had to have come in last night...but I never saw him. I only felt the kiss he gave me...if that was even real. My mind may have been playing tricks on me after what I had heard.

What I had heard.

My eyes widened in remembrance of Harry's conversation last night. I was trying not to think of it, but he had to have meant it. He had no clue I was out there...so he was really just speaking his thoughts and feelings aloud.

I could feel my cheeks heating up slightly when I remembered the fact that he admitted he still had love for me, but I quickly shook my head, not wanting to focus on it. 

I couldn't let this change the way I acted or looked at him, or he'd definitely know something was up. And I didn't want my eavesdropping to put us back a few steps when we've made so much progress.

Well, a lot of progress in a way. We still have a long way to go.

Clearing my mind, I let out another sigh before heading out of the room, going through the Captain's Quarters and to the deck, seeing people already busy with work, moving barrels and adjusting the rope as we sailed. The sun was still rising in the sky, so I knew I didn't sleep in too long.

"Bella!" 

Turning at the sound of my name, I saw Shayla coming up to me with a smile. "You're finally up." she says and I laugh. "I guess I haven't slept in for so long, I just kind of did." I admit and she chuckles.

"Eh, it's okay. It's apparent you needed it. We're going to be near the merchant ships here in a few hours, according to the helmsman. So that's a good thing. It's going right as planned." she says and I smile. 

"I'm glad." I admit before she puts a hand on my shoulder, coming in closer to whisper into my ear.

"You aren't the only one who heard him last night. I was on the upper deck, he didn't notice me either." she whispers and my eyes widen. I turn my head quickly as she backs away, giving me a soft smile.

"You were right to believe in him. I have to apologize, Bella. I didn't give him any credit at all." she admits and a smile comes to my face. "There's still a lot that has to be done." I say and she nods.

"Of course, but at least you know it's worth it." she says and the conversation we had yesterday pops into my mind, making me smile. "It is." I answer and she pats me on the shoulder. 

"He did say a lot more than what you heard, but I'll just leave that between me and him. He wouldn't appreciate me repeating everything. And besides, I'm sure you heard enough to make you determined enough, so there's no need for me to add anything to it." she says with a wink and I frown slightly, almost wishing she would tell me everything else he had said, but I also knew I couldn't be that selfish either.

"Okay." I mutter and she laughs, shaking her head. "Don't pout, you're going to look like Layla." she teases me and I shove her shoulder playfully, laughing at her. "I'm not six!" I retort and she raises an eyebrow.

"If you don't act like it I won't call it." she teases and I roll my eyes. "Like you're one to talk." I sass and she gapes at me.

"Me? Childish? Never!" she says dramatically and we both laugh, holding our stomachs at our childish antics. 

"I missed you so much." I say after we stop and she gives me a sad look. "It's a pity we never found each other again until now." she says pained and my heart sinks slightly. "So much time went by...but at least we have each other now." I say and she nods her head.