Friend or Foe?

Okay so, I have a thing for fantasy based one shots/fanfictions, I'm not going to lie. I've wanted to do this for ages but actually had no idea on how I'd write it and what sort of creatures I'd use. I've finally decided on what I'm doing and the plot line I'm basing it around. Prepare for some madness that sure as hell will make zero sense.

Description: Harpy!Levi meets an overly curious Mermaid!Eren when flying over the shore of the quiet beach. The boys shimmering opal coloured tail drew the harpy closer. Little did they know a beautiful friendship would arise between the two. Includes Centaur!Hanji, Siren!Mikasa, Fairy!Armin, and Pegasus!Jean, plus many more...

****

Levi was taking his early morning flight as he usually did, the rays of sun reflecting off of his dark black feathers. Nothing seemed unusual about this flight, as it was a routine for him which never changed. The harpy was gliding gracefully across the coral coloured sky when a sudden shimmer of colour caught his eye. He circled around to see what it was; perhaps a tasty fish or a lost possession of a careless human. In fact,it was neither of the two. Down below on the sandy shore, resting upon a rock, was a merman.

That merman was sat with a siren next to him, the two laughing at each others commentary. Levi decided he need to take a closer look at these two, and promptly perched himself on a branch in a nearby tree. The two seemed to be siblings of some sort, a girl with jet black hair and a shimmering golden tail perched next to a boy with chesnutty brown locks and an opal coloured tail. The boy was simply stunning, even from a distance. However, he knew he could never get close to him; harpies and mermaids had never gotten along since the dawn of time. Harpies main food was fish, and mermaids were part fish, obviously becoming part of the food chain to the harpies.

"Ah, if it isn't the harpy everyone fears." A female voice rang through the air, causing Levi to jump. He looked down to see his centaur friend, Hanji. She was leant up against the tree he was perched on, a clear smirk on her face.

"Shut up, no one fears me." Levi whispered, not wanting to catch the attention of the sea creatures. Hanji laughed to herself, stomping her back hoof on the ground as she looked up at the harpy who was still intently watching the two on the rock.

"That is true, but they don't like you. You're too mean and grumpy." Hanji snorted, before trotting back off into the dense forest, leaving the harpy to gaze at his new love. Levi sighed and went to rest on the tree, but missed and fell backwards, landing to the forest floor with a thud. The thud startled the two sea creatures, causing the siren to take off in fright, leaving her friend behind, still perched on the rock. The harpy sat himself up, rubbing his head as he regained his composure. Once he opened his eyes again, he saw the merman staring a him, head cocked to the side in curiosity.

Levi was quick to stand himself up and shake himself off, flapping his dark wings to rid his feathers of any debris. He heard the merman chuckle gently at his actions, and honestly, Levi wondered why the merman hadn't taken off just like the siren had. Levi was cautious when approaching the merman, as he didn't want to startle him off too.

The merman watched the harpy approach him without even a thought of swimming away from him. He flicked his tail up, splashing some cool ocean water onto his quickly drying scales. He knew he shouldn't stay out in the sun for so long, at risk of drying up, but he was interested in this harpy which had fallen from a tree.

"Aren't you meant to be running in fear right now?" Levi laughed awkwardly, pointing towards the sea. The merman laughed at Levi, holding his stomach as he almost doubled over from laughing. "What?"

"I'm a merman, I can't run!" Eren giggled, brushing his brown locks from his emerald green eyes, causing Levi's heart to skip a beat. The merman glanced out at the sea, a small sigh leaving his lips as he flicked his tail up again, accidently spraying Levi with the salty water. The harpy made a slight squeal as the water hit his feathers, and he quickly rushed to dry up his wings. "What, you allergic to water or something?"