2 AM

I was listening to Mariah Carey's song Hero and really felt that i should make a oneshot based on/around it. I hope you enjoy it.

Description: Eren falls into a deep depression and refuses to do anything for anyone. Except for one person..

Triggers: Self Harm, depression, sadness in general.

"Eren, get out of bed." Mikasa instructed, staring at the lump under the covers. A soft groan was heard from the lump, and a slight movement was seen. The dark haired girl folded her arms across her chest and sighed. Eren rarely got out of bed anymore, and when he did it was either to go to the bathroom or get a drink.

No one could get through to him, no matter how hard they tried. Most referred to him as a lost cause now.

"Eren, get your ass out of this bed before I drag it out." Mikasa's voice echoed through the room, a hint of anger flowing through it.

"No!" The lump shouted, the voice muffled by the amount of fabric covering him. The dark haired girl was fed up, and she soon left the room. Within minutes, someone else had entered the room. The brown haired boy felt the bed dip as a person sat on the edge. A hand gently rested on top of him.

"Eren? Listen, please.. We all miss you. We haven't seen you in ages. You need to get out more. We all want to see you back to your normal self. Eren, your smile was contagious and now its gone." Armin's soft and gentle voice was convincing, but not nearly enough. The blue eyed boy slowly pulled the covers off of Eren, to reveal him. Jaeger was very pale, thin, his eyes had lost all its colour and he looked as if he was a walking dead.

Eren quickly tried to pull back the covers, but Armin grabbed his wrist to stop him. Eren flinched as Armin did so, and tried to free himself from his friends grip.

"You're like a brother to me Eren. You're an idiot." He heard his friend sob, and looked over to see Armin had tears streaming down his cheeks. A sigh escaped Jaeger's chapped lips as he managed to sit himself up. Within seconds, his sobbing friend had pulled him into a tight hug. "Please Eren, try for us. We understand it's hard for you." Armin sobbed into Eren's shoulder.

Eren didn't react. He simply couldn't. He felt no emotion; he was numb.

Armin looked up at Eren, before pulling back and wiping the stray tears from his flushed cheeks.

"I'm sorry." Eren croaked out, his throat dry from his constant crying and lack of drink. He placed his hands on Armin's shoulder, looking him deep in the eye. "I'll try."

"Thank you, Eren. It means a lot. You're stronger than you think you are."

****

2 am.

It was that time again. Eren was laying in his bed, staring up at the ceiling, dangerous thoughts swimming around his mind.

Before long, hot silent tears were running down his pale cheeks. He couldn't scream out; he was silenced by his own self.

A feeling of nausea rushed over his body, making him sprint to the bathroom. Anything he had managed to shove down his throat that day instantly made it's way back up, making a revolting return. As soon as he had finished throwing up his stomach's contents, he flushed the toilet, making his way over to the sink. Eren turned the water on and washed out his mouth, ridding the taste of puke.

The pale boy lifted his head to stare at his reflection; he hated himself. His eyes, his hair, his nose, his lips. All of it. Once again, hot tears made their way down his cheeks. A choked sob escaped his dry lips.