Dear Eren

So basically I wrote the second part to Best Friends... Then deleted it. I wasn't happy with it and cannot think of anything to happen in the second part. Maybe I will actually write it sometime soon. So, to make up for it I am writing this instead. I hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

Only some of you will understand that last sentence.

Description: SPOILERS AHEAD!!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WISH TO BE SPOILED :)

****

Armin knew that during this mission he would die. He knew it'd be the last time he would ever see his family again, his friends, his fellow soldiers. That's why he prepared a letter for everyone to read; especially Eren. No one meant anything to Armin like Eren did. Not only was he his best friend, he was his secret love, his life saver, his everything. He never had the guts to tell Eren the truth about how he felt. Maybe now was the write time, through the form of an apology letter to the corps.

The blonde sat down at his desk in his room, the stars sprinkled across the night sky providing little light for Armin. A shaky, sad sigh escaped his lips as he put pen to paper, beginning to write down the words that formed in his head. 

'Dear Eren,

I have finally made it to the outside world, the world I've always dreamed of seeing. It's so much better than the cruel world I once lived in. I wish you could see this, but I know that you need to be there, for Mikasa, Jean and everyone else, and for me, you need to visit the sea once this is all over. I'll be here right next to you.'

Armin put down his pen, a single tear slipping down his cheek as he took a deep breath. He was scared; terrified even, of what was going to happen. Everyone in the corps had kept him alive, giving and risking their lives for him. He knew this would be the ultimate sacrifice, a last shot at helping humanity win the war against the titans. If humanity didn't win, it wouldn't be for nothing even then, as he was giving his life for those who once risked theirs for his own. 

Armin knew what impacts his death would have on those closest to him. He had thought this through many time before, and finally decided that he wanted to be useful for once. Eren, Mikasa, Jean. Once again, he picked up the pen, his petite hand shaking as the pen scratched words into the paper beneath it.

'First of all, Jean. I'm sorry. I hope that my death contributed to humanity's victory in the end. if it didn't, then it wasn't all for nothing. I died trying to save everyone I loved from certain death, possibly expanding each of your lives for a while more. This must be hard on you, already losing your other best friend. This was my own choice, I want you to know that. I wasn't forced to do this. Know that I will always be by your side and in your heart. Don't let my death hold you back from living your life. 

Second of all, Mikasa. You've been like a sister to me for many years now. A sister I never had. How could I ever thank you for what you have done for me over the past couple of years. You are the most amazing friend that anyone could've wished for. Please, continue to fight for humanity if you don't beat Bertholdt and Reiner. They can be defeated. Stay alive, I don't want to see you up here with me earlier than you should be, after all. Promise me you'll look after Eren and Jean for me. Without you, they are just walking pieces of lunch for those damn titans. 

Last of all, Eren. Where do I even start? You've been my best friend since we first met. Over the years, our bond has grown greatly, eventually coming to the point where  fell madly in love with you. I know this is strange and sudden, but I needed to tell you that I love you. I understand you don't feel the same way; I saw the way you acted with Levi. Don't you worry though, because I knew that you two were meant to be. I'm so happy for you. I hope that you can accept my death as a sacrifice for humanity. Eren, you need to stay strong through this all and help the others win the fight again those monsters. Please. Don't follow after me, because it's not worth it. Stay the happy boy you are, and keep spreading smiles around the team. You are humanity's last hope. Work together as a team to stay alive. I beg you. I need you to promise me that you will fight. One last thing; please go to the ocean without me. I promised you that you would see it one day, whether it is with me or without me. I love you, Eren. Never forget me... Your friend. your best friend.