I'm Scared

I'm gonna cry. This is kinda based on The Last of Us, with Ellie and Joel and all that. Also, the end might not make any sense to you, and you might think "how obvious this would happen." This is based around my own thoughts on what could happen to end the Zombie Apocalypse. Also I suggest you have the song Unchained Melody playing in the background whilst reading this.

Description: Levi and Eren are in a zombie apocalypse. They've fought for as long as they can, and maybe it's time to give up.

****

"Eren, keep going!" Levi yelled, managing to slice straight through a zombie. Eren ran up the stairs in front of him, watching as Levi tried to save his sister. Mikasa had been bitten just two days ago, and it was slowly starting to infect her brain. As they were trudging through the deserted city, a sudden hoard of the dead bastards staggered towards the lot. They lost three people as they tried to get away; Armin, Jean, Sasha, and now Mikasa was being devoured in front of him.

"Levi, please!" Ackerman eventually left the girl, seeing as it was a useless attempt to save her now. The blood-stained man sprinted towards the stairs, swiftly climbing up them to meet Eren. The two men continued to make their way up the building, finally escaping the zombies. They were out of breath once they reached a safe floor, and once on this floor, they tried to find a room which they could rest in. On the third try of trying to find a room, Levi successfully managed to open one of the doors. It was a mess, but that couldn't be helped in times such as this. It would do, for now.

The two walked into the room, locking the door behind them and sitting on whatever free object they could find. Eren found an old chair, not one that should really be sat in. Levi was leant up against a broken set of drawers, looking over at the brunette in the chair.

"Thank you, Levi." Eren spoke, his tone low as he was still trying to catch his breath. Levi sighed, shaking his head as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"I'm sorry, Jaeger. I really tried-"

"I know, Levi. I know you did. That's why I'm thanking you."

"You're welcome." Levi grinned, his brows furrowing in pain moments later as he moved his hand to rub at his shoulder. Eren frowned, pushing himself up from his seat as he made his way over to Levi.

"Are you alright?" The brunette asked, carefully removing Levi's hand from where it was placed on his shoulder. Eren gasped, slapping his hand over his mouth as he saw what the wound was. Levi had been bitten whilst trying to save Mikasa. "Levi, you've been bitten..."

"I'll be fine, Eren. I still have at least two days to live." Levi joked, glancing at the crimson liquid on his hand. Eren shook his head, embracing Levi in a tight hug. The two stayed like that for a short while, before the raven-haired man spotted something in the corner of his eye. "What's this?"

"Seems like a radio of some sort." Eren replied, walking over to the device, Levi trailing behind him. "Does it still work?"

"I honestly doubt it, Jaeger. But, may as well try. It seems to have a blank disk in it." Levi shrugged, pushing a button on the top of it. For a second, there was silence, until a slow song started to play. Levi recognised the song, as his mother used to play it for him. Unchained Melody.

"Fancy a dance?" Eren grinned, holding a hand out for Levi to take. Ackerman gladly accepted the offer, placing his hand in the younger man's as Eren lead him over to a more spacious part of the room. The brunette placed his hand on Levi's waist, with Levi placing his hand on Eren's shoulder. With their other hands, they intertwined their fingers, beginning to gently sway to the relaxing beat of the slow song. For a moment, all their fears disappeared. They were no longer in a world ruled by their dead friends and relatives. They were safe. Nothing could hurt them, nothing could cause them any harm. Time seemed to stand still as the two men danced together, taking in every blissful moment that was offered to them.