Chapter Twelve; Professional Help Needed

Chapter Twelve; Malcolm. 

“No one likes school,” Jason said, rolling to his side on the bed to face Sera. She scoffed.

“Some people do, J, Some people are weird.” 

“You’re not weird, you’re beautiful, and beautiful people, don’t like school.”

“Do you like school?” 

Jason laughed, “Hello no, I’ve been repeating the same year level for over three hundred years. School is not something I enjoy.” 

Sera rolled her eyes, “I’m sure it’s not that bad,” 

Jason stared at her like she was inside, “OK, picture this.” He rubbed his hands together, closing her eyes with a movement of his hand, “You’re studying for exams, it’s horribly hectic, no one wants to hang out because all they can do is study for their future, but, consequently, you’re future doesn’t involve anything to do with school, so while you sit at home throwing things at walls and trying not to create trouble for yourself, people are going nuts trying to study.... OK. Now do that for three hundred years.” 

Sera rolled her eyes, before sighing, “I see your point.” 

He kissed her lightly, “It’s better though now, because now I have someone to complain to!” He yelled, getting out of bed. 

Sera laughed at his plaid PJs, “You look so cute in those,” She said out loud, making him blush. 

He bowed slightly, and offered her a hand. She wore a silk nightie, that reached her knees. It clung to her around the waist but the rest of it hung off her like a bag. 

“You look cute in anything, my love. Now, for breakfast and your morning medicine dosage?” 

“Ugh,” 

“Oh yes, question, what do you think of my brother?” 

Sera shrugged, “It’s OK I guess, he wouldn’t let me drive my car to school, so I was kinda pissed at him throughout the drive there, but the ride back was OK.” 

“Did you treat you like a gentleman should treat a lady?” 

Sera rolled her eyes, “Jason, you’re such a dork.” 

Jason laughed, “Repeating year 12 will do that to you!” 

Picking her up, he carried her to her room, and picked out some clothing for her while she sat on the bed, “Are you my stylist now?”

He winked, pursed his lips and pulled out a hanging pair of jeans, then held them at arms length like they repulsed him, “These jeans, honey,” he said, his voice flamboyantly gay, “They are, oh, terrible!” he threw them over his shoulder. 

Sera was in a fit of laughter, Jason loved making her laugh, so he continued. Picking out a singlet, he looked at the neckline and gasped, “Oh my! Are these....” Sera watched, entranced with his acting skills, “Faux diamonds! I might just keep that,” Then he stuffed the singlet down the front of his PJs, they sunk until they gave him an awkward shaped beer gut. 

Sera was laughing so hard she couldn’t breathe. 

“Knock, knock.” 

They both looked up to see John in the doorway, Sera smiled and ran up to him, hugging him hard, “How are you feeling?” He asked. 

“I’m great,” She said softly into his ear, trying to breathe in his scent and keep it with her. She missed her dad so much! 

“I got you a surprise,”