▶ 98'

The weekend came quickly. And as quick as it had come, Sera found herself regretting the choice to go out somewhere with Jason. She wanted to just sit in her cosy little bed and find something to do on the computer, like the normal girls she saw on movies. Typing away at facebook.

Emile hollered from downstairs, “Sera, there’s someone at the door for you,” and as she past the door she whispered, “And he’s cute.” 

Which could only mean it was Jason. 

She faced her reflection and ended up glaring at it...Was her dress too fancy? Was it too short? 

The black haired girl simply looked normal, she was pretty, long and lean, but not at a height that would dwarf others. She wore a nice half thigh length dress which was summery, with flowers down the bottom. She sighed to herself, and shook her head, “I’ll have to do.” 

Walking to the door, she found Jason in a pair of jeans and a shirt, the shirt was nice and fitted him nicely enough to show the broad range of muscles under his shirt, and the incredible 6 pack that governed his chest. 

It took all her strength not to lean against the doorframe and melt under his gaze, “Wow, you look, beautiful.” 

Sera straightened up instantly, “Thanks,” she said slowly, grabbing her keys from the back of the door. “Mum, dad! I’m going out tonight. I’ll be back around six.” 

“Okay honey.” John yelled, screaming out to the front door from the lounge room. Autumn cried out and started running towards the door, making herself wobble as quickly as she could. She grabbed Sera’s leg and wouldn’t let go. Jason stared at her, “Who’s this?”

Sera reached down and picked her up, and she hung across her shoulder and started to calm down. 

“She’s my little sister.” Sera said patting her head lightly, “Um, I have to get her back to mum. I’ll be right back, promise.”  

He nodded politely, “OK.” 

Sera walked into the lounge and put Autumn on her father’s lap, she gurgled in disgust. 

“Sera, she doesn’t like me!” John cried. 

Sera laughed and walked towards the front door, grabbing Jason’s shirt and pushing him back, she closed the door and started towards her car, she got into the front seat and Jason took the passenger’s seat. She started the car and Jason coughed. “Where we going?” Sera asked as casually as she could, trying to hide the excitement bubbling inside her. 

He told her to turn right twice, then left. She did as he instructed, and was surprised when they came out at a place called, ‘Jim’s Old Fashion.’  

They pulled in front of it and stopped the car. 

“Why are we here?” 

Jason smiled and got out of the car, walking in front like he owned the place. 

“Why are you acting like yo-”

“Own the place?” He smiled, “It’s because I do. This is my family’s garage.” 

“What, you own a garage?” 

He nodded tightly, “Yeah, I do.”

“Why’d you take me here?” 

“Because, I’ve been talking with my parents....We want you to work here?” 

“Work here?” 

He nodded, with a smile on his face, “Unless, you don’t want to. If you don’t then, you know, don’t worry.”  

“I do, I do!”