"I think... I can hear the fluttering of wings," Lilly stated. There was a confused murmur through the audience. "You don't hear it? Well it must the sound of our next act... Big Bird." Sam's stage was lit up. A couple of pieces of fabric hung from the ceiling. Sam skilfully twisted around in them and swooped down on the woman on stage. He occasionally allowed her to remove a piece of his costume. With a final spin, Sam's feet touched the dollar-carpeted ground and he was done.

"How many of you ladies have had that girlish daydream? The one where a knight in shining armour comes along to sweep us off our feet. That's just what Iron Rod will give to you." Tony stepped out onto the stage wearing a suit of yellow and red armour. His routine consisted of him 'rescuing' Brianna as if she was a damsel in distress. He had her take off pieces of it like a maiden would help her knight until he was just left in his red g-string. Lilly saved the best for last.

"Now ladies... we've all had that one fantasy right? The one that involves two guys fighting over us but still making us feel like a real woman? For your exalted entertainment tonight, give it up... for The Patriot and The Winter Commando!" The woman all cheered as Bucky and Steve walked on stage. Steve wore a captain's uniform and Bucky wore a NAVY SEAL one. They pretended to fight over the woman that was on stage with them. Steve was gentle with her, his hands gently caressing her face and ghosting her thighs. Bucky was a little rougher with her, grinding against her and holding her close to his body. Steve removed his top when Bucky had her and he did the same when Steve had her. She stood in the middle of them, they took off their pants and sandwiched her between them. Once they had finished, Lilly closed their act.

"You guys really nailed it tonight!" Lilly praised when they were backstage. "I might have to get some of those curtain things for JARVIS," she joked.

"Nah, don't do it. I wouldn't want take attention away from the other guys," Sam smirked. There was a round of groans and complaints from the others. As they were walking off, the crew from Asgard were going on. The hostess introduced the group as Ragnarok. After their group act, Sif presented Thor to the hordes of screaming women. His costume resembled that of the Old Norse legend. His act conveyed strength and power and with clever lighting effects, it was really like he was the God of Thunder. At the end of his turn, he swept Hannah up into his arms. After Thor, it was Loki's turn. He wore an emerald green cloak but it was quickly discarded and floated to the floor. It was as if he was a skilful magician, seducing his helpless victim. With every little caress and movement of his hips, Jill was falling deeper under his spell. Following Loki was Fandral, Hogun and Volstagg in turn. Unfortunately, Heimdall had prior commitments which meant he couldn't be there for the contest.

...

Later when they were all going back to their hotel rooms, Meg approached Lilly.

"I see what meant yesterday about Clint and Laia being close," she said.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Lilly asked. Meg pointed over to where Clint was walking with his arm around Laia's waist and whispering in her ear. Things suddenly clicked together in Lilly's mind.

"Oh..."

"What is it?" Meg questioned.

"Nothing. Nothing at all," Lilly smirked. She had a sneaking suspicion that Laia wouldn't be in tonight either.

...

The following afternoon was the awards ceremony. There were awards for all sorts of different categories such as best costume and best effects. The Best MC prize went to a Miss Harley Quinn of a group called the Squad and the Best Solo act went to The Trickster of Ragnarok. The guys of JARVIS were getting a little antsy sitting there because they hadn't won so much as a single trophy.

"Will you all stop it!" Lilly hissed. "Besides, even if we don't win anything, this'll be great publicity for the club." They grumbled and settled down for now, some of them sulking. Finally, it was time for the award everyone was waiting for; The Best Overall Group Act.

"In third place... The Just-Ass League of America," the hostess announced. The audience clapped as the group got up to claim their bronze trophy.

"In second place... The Triple XXX-Men." There was another round of applause as the entertainers and their MC got on stage.

"And the winner... of the 2016 Golden Thong Awards goes to..." The room fell into silence; it was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop. Everyone could feel their muscles twitch in anticipation as they waited for the winner to be announced. Heartbeats quickened with expectation, they were all on the edge of their seats.

"The Avengers!" There was a roar of enthusiasm and they could barely contain their excitement as they got up on stage to accept their award. Lilly gave a brief thank-you speech and the boys all snatched the mic away from each other to get their own two-bits in. Lilly couldn't wait to get home and show this to Phil. He was always a big supporter of the club and for some reason, got really giddy whenever Steve was on stage. There were certainly going to be some celebratory drinks when they got back to New York.

...

Later that night, they were all on their way home. Meg and Pietro were booked on the same flight as Lilly and Laia and were just one seat behind them. Fifteen minutes in, Laia got up to stretch her legs a bit but as she walked past Meg and Pietro, something about the couple caught her attention.

"Lilly," she half whispered. Lilly had her headphones on and was watching 'Plan 9 From Outer Space' on her iPad so she didn't hear her.

"Lilly," she called again, this time shaking her shoulder.

"What is it?" she asked, pausing her movie and taking off her headphones.

"Look," Laia said, pointing to the seats behind her. Lilly knelt on her chair and spun around to see Pietro and Meg sound asleep, each with a shared ear bud. Meg's head was resting against his shoulder while his rested on hers. Their hands were on top of one another on the armrest.

"Aw!" Lilly cooed. She set up the camera on her iPad and snapped a picture of them. Pietro began to stir and the two women quickly sat down. She subtly showed the picture to Laia.

"That's a nice a nice one," she commented. "Are you gonna show them?" Lilly just grinned.

"Eventually. But for now, this is just between us," she winked. Laia smiled and went back to what she was doing before she spotted Meg and Pietro. This had certainly been a fun and eventful weekend for everyone.