"Okay looks like we're good to-" Josh began but was interrupted by the door being opened suddenly.

"Hello!" Came the elderly woman's voice.

Neither I or Josh knew what to say and we both stared at the women with our mouths agape.

"My God!" She said, "Look at the state of you two, you look like you both been dragged through a bush."

Technically, she wasn't wrong, Josh and I had been running through forestation, bushes and brambles, trying to avoid public roads or pathways in our effort not get caught. I hadn't even noticed before but looking down at myself my clothes had been torn in different places and there were miniature scrapes on various parts of my body.

"Err... Something like that." Josh said, giving her a small smile, beginning to turn his charm on.

"Oh my, what happened?" She grabbed onto Josh's arm. "Please, do come in."

She led us into her house and my body began to instantly relax, the house felt warm and safe.

"Just wait here, I'll boil the kettle." She said and disappeared put of the room.

Josh and I sat silently on the couch until we were sure she was out of hearing distance.

"What are we doing!" I whispered to Josh.

"I don't know but we need to get out of here, if she's seen the news recently."

I opened my mouth to reply but the woman came back in again.

"How many sugars do you guys like?" She smiled, as far as I could tell the smile looked sincere.

"Two, please." I told her.

"Six." Josh smiled sheepishly.

"Okay, coming right up." She smiled again before leaving the room.

"I don't think she knows Josh, she just seems too... Genuine." I told him

"Maybe, either way we can't afford to spend too much time here." Josh reminded me.

I bit my lip nervously, and thought about how surreal the whole situation was. I mean there was a helicopter somewhere out there looking for us, thankfully we'd gotten away before any one had noticed but the threat was still there. Josh had said that the police dogs had probably picked up our scents and were close on our trail.

The elderly woman walked carefully into the room, balancing three cups of tea on a tray. She handed me and Josh our teas and sat down on a seat opposite us.

"I'm Joyce, by the way." She said.

"Eliana." I smiled at her.

"And I'm Josh." He flashed a smile.

"So how come such a lovely looking couple looks to be in such terrible state."

Before I could open my mouth to blurt out whatever nonsense first came to mind, Josh began speaking.

"Well you see me and my fiancée here were on the way to visit my brother, as his wife had gone it to labour and we were travelling to see the baby's birth."

"We had to stop for petrol and the station had been abandoned when a man came up to us with a gun a robbed us of everything we had apart from the clothes on our back we've been walking for miles looking for anyone willing to give us a lift and clearly we haven't been very successful."